I've got some questions

Duckman
06-25-2009, 07:33

Three-sixty!

S4L brings up a lot of good points there, anyone who hasn't read it, do it. It was exactly the same when I started thps3 about 15 months ago, I got no help until I joined XsT, where love, stimpy, original etc taught me the basics.

Btw S4L the new pw isn't going to be used all the time, t will be still be there most of the time.

QUAK.
Quote this message in a reply

Lyst
06-25-2009, 08:31

Administrator
| Website
What we want is worthy competition when we host with a password, plus we want to play with people we know. Problem is, that today the exact opposite is also true.
I meet 2-3 new people in proservers every day ?! If they were all good, ok, but like you already said, the bottom of the community went lower and lower.
While the skills at the top of the community became better and better.
But at the same time the top became smaller and smaller, because people left THPS, due lack of competition and fun.
Leaving a smaller group of good players behind.
Most of the matches they were playing was vs the bottom of the community, since that group was becoming bigger and bigger.
Since it was too easy to win, people began to adapt to their skills, this way you could play 20 minutes vs those new people, but anytime you wanted you could easily end it.
This lack of competition and adapting made people to lose their old skills.
That's why I/We want to have a better competition again.
People nowadays seem satisfied with the fact they have got the password, there are only a few people improving fast.
Those are the people who would have became the propassword 4-5 years ago as well.
But the rest is just a group of people, who say "But when we don't play with pro's we don't get better", ironically they don't get better here either.
I understand that we can't put very high requirements, which will still be possible for us to meet, but then we're stuck with a 12 people community or something.
I think 80-90% of the c3 community is able to get the password, some will not succeed the first time, but they will be pointed at the aspects of the games they are still not good enough at. Then I hope these people will train/practice (yes, you can practice, because other people are trying exactly the same), and feel satisfied when they meet this requirement. It should have made them aware of things like fair play (a lot of campy playing-style lately) and their weaknesses.
You'll receive respect from anyone within the community, unlike now, I truly dislike some people, because of the way they ruin the community.

As last an example to understand my point of view:
I'm playing cz with blind or wild, it's a tight match, taking 20 minutes sometimes. Then either one of us wins, and we start again and again, because it's fun when you have such matches. Next I play cz vs some of the newer generation. In order to let them touch the key, I let them team up with a few people. But even then, if it's 1vs3 or 1vs4, I don't get any of the excitement I get like the other match. Only difficulty is, that I have to avoid the clears, because they are all 4 stupid, making the same mistakes. I can play 2-3 of such games and I'm bored, I go talk with people I know, or close thps3.

Yes, but why is the rum gone?

Lyms
06-25-2009, 12:15

What? 180!?

Too much to read Sad

You're Pro or you're Noob, that's life.

shin
06-25-2009, 12:23

old.
| Website
Lyms Wrote:Too much to read Sad
so fuck off

http://pl.youtube.com/user/prozshin

Nihilism
06-25-2009, 14:33

Three-sixty!

Well, lyst, I don't know if this is for the good or the bad, but you made me realize I just don't belong in this generation of THPS players.. Perhaps It's time to leave the past behind and move on.

wild786
06-25-2009, 15:19

w!Ld

Nihilism Wrote:Well, lyst, I don't know if this is for the good or the bad, but you made me realize I just don't belong in this generation of THPS players.. Perhaps It's time to leave the past behind and move on.
Perhaps, or.. you could become a SHAOLIN MONK and say even more wise stuff :ugeek:

[Image: kisspng-ultimate-mortal-kombat-3-mortal-...219300.png]

shin
06-25-2009, 15:52

old.
| Website
you are wild one of that guys who don't deserve for pro pw imo.

Skater4Life
06-25-2009, 16:10

Tony Himself

damn rey you are late shin would already close this topic Laugh
practice admining or sh*t Original

We had guns and drums and drums and guns,
Hurroo Hurroo

And i'm still NO superman

shin
06-25-2009, 16:19

old.
| Website
im still thinking about back here, but not for thps3 Original

Goof
06-25-2009, 16:38

What? 180!?

i think this: (i am not going to writer a hole book) ofc th3 changed. If its over 5 years still alive than its changed from how its now thats normal. btw its not a war its just a pw.... but ofc I can understand that pp want a new pw cuz to much noobs know it. (if i host and i am not the only 1 i nvr use pw, and it nvr irritate that i have to bann pp). So go make pw and give to the pp u like and who are good players thats all u have to do. If he give than to some random noob than u just bann him.