[Guide] How to host a server in THPS3 (router)

Duckman
06-03-2009, 19:59

Three-sixty!

wild786 Wrote:some pplz local IPs change when they restart and stuff maby u should add a tutorial on how to keep the IP same, otherwise its a nice tutorial Original
I've been thinking for a while that that's my problem. I type my Local IP into my browser and a big interface comes up that tells me I have a "Dynamic IP Address" which is assigned automatically by the pc. Every time I change it to a static one I completely lose connection, no idea why. Maybe I'm just typing in the wrong IP or maybe I need to tell my ISP, god knows. But I had to phone my ISP up to fix it when I couldn't get online to change it back to dynamic Tongue. So after that I've hesitated before fiddling..

QUAK.

plum
06-03-2009, 21:06

Tony Himself
| Website
Duckman Wrote:
wild786 Wrote:some pplz local IPs change when they restart and stuff maby u should add a tutorial on how to keep the IP same, otherwise its a nice tutorial Original
I've been thinking for a while that that's my problem. I type my Local IP into my browser and a big interface comes up that tells me I have a "Dynamic IP Address" which is assigned automatically by the pc. Every time I change it to a static one I completely lose connection, no idea why. Maybe I'm just typing in the wrong IP or maybe I need to tell my ISP, god knows. But I had to phone my ISP up to fix it when I couldn't get online to change it back to dynamic Tongue. So after that I've hesitated before fiddling..
Read this maybe:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.boutell.com/newfaq/creating/staticlocalip.html">http://www.boutell.com/newfaq/creating/ ... calip.html</a><!-- m -->

BTW what is router?

The size of four children, eh?

I'm sorry I wrote you such a long post. I didn't have time to write a short one.

Duckman
06-03-2009, 22:14

Three-sixty!

Netgear DG834GT

QUAK.

Shizz
06-05-2009, 20:29

It's Rodney!

kampfzwerg Wrote:Pluto, this is actually the way how I did it, and it works fine for me :lol:

Well... I still wont do it bcoz im to lazy Tongue

Those who do not learn history, are doomed to repeat it.

Lyms
06-06-2009, 11:39

What? 180!?

I've done it once, it worked. But the other day my rooter was total loss, like all memorie was deleted etc. fucking weird, so I never host again D:

You're Pro or you're Noob, that's life.

tasty
06-07-2009, 13:22

Tony Himself

ReY Wrote:
tasty Wrote:
lyst Wrote:http://www.portforward.com -> tutorials for pretty much every routermodel, anyway nice tut.
Why don't we make a [TUT] / [REQ] topic?
for 1 or 2 tuts? :lol: no way
nono. I mean there are coming more tuts and u can make tuts for non-thps3 games/console hacks. [Just calling something] and if u wanna have a new Signature/Idea for thps3 u can post it in the [REQ] zone.

Edit:
Pluto Wrote:
kampfzwerg Wrote:Pluto, this is actually the way how I did it, and it works fine for me :lol:

Well... I still wont do it bcoz im to lazy Tongue
Well, I can do it so it's easy :roll: Just have to know what ur router is --> go to http://www.portforward.com and follow it.

[Image: wwenexuslogo.gif]

ReY
06-07-2009, 14:07

Tony Himself

tasty, its a good idea but we are a thps3 forum not a forum for tuts from other games.

[Image: modvsspammer6rs2dl0mq0bc1tz7wfyd4hb9.gif]

Shizz
06-21-2009, 19:25

It's Rodney!

ReY Wrote:tasty, its a good idea but we are a thps3 forum not a forum for tuts from other games.
so he cant help me now....? Sad

ReY
06-21-2009, 21:04

Tony Himself

he can, on msn Wink

[Image: modvsspammer6rs2dl0mq0bc1tz7wfyd4hb9.gif]

Shizz
06-22-2009, 15:52

It's Rodney!

ReY Wrote:he can, on msn Wink
Laugh doh... @ Tasty : i wont be online the next 2 days... I will be online ag @ 25/06/09 :Original than u can help me?