Improve you prov (3rd edition)!!- 1st week

stof
11-27-2015, 11:27 (This post was last modified: 11-27-2015 11:30 by stof.)

yall Ain't Shit
| Website
Wow, just wow...

This is why I like this judging system. Democracy...Xd

spammmmmmm
Quote this message in a reply

Lyst
11-27-2015, 13:13 (This post was last modified: 11-27-2015 13:18 by Lyst.)

Administrator
| Website
Well it seems everyone still has a lot of room to "improve their improv". I have judged many improv tournaments so far and I always split my judgments up into three categories: style, 'improv' and flow. When I look at style I look at variation in trick usage, correctly spinning tricks, filling up your whole airtime with tricks and creativity in trick combinations. When I look at 'improv', I tend to look at how unpredictable a run is, sometimes the risk that is taken (to counter combo-length in flow) and the overall level usage: how do they use objects, do they use the level to its fullest extent? And for flow I look if people are able to keep their speed up, how much of the improv they are able to do in a combo and how 'smooth' your run is.

In all the rounds of all tournaments I have judged in, I don't think I have ever see one person scoring the highest at all three aspects. Shin for instance always has a constant high score on style, Faith and Ownish are really good at the 'improv' part, while Rev and Wild have an amazing flow. I don't understand how people can talk about their egos, when they aren't even able to outplay the other in the aspect they are good at. Instead look at yourself and at the stuff you can still improve on (which is a lot for all of you, yes also including me of course, but I'm not really into solo games). All I see now is excuses (planning, cheating, scripts, lack of understanding etc.) why you don't have to be the best in the other aspects, because according to you the aspect you're good at is the most important.

Yes, but why is the rum gone?

Pinky thps3
11-27-2015, 15:38

Magic Bum
| Website
(11-27-2015 13:13)Lyst Wrote:  In all the rounds of all tournaments I have judged in, I don't think I have ever see one person scoring the highest at all three aspects. Shin for instance always has a constant high score on style, Faith and Ownish are really good at the 'improv' part, while Rev and Wild have an amazing flow. I don't understand how people can talk about their egos, when they aren't even able to outplay the other in the aspect they are good at. Instead look at yourself and at the stuff you can still improve on (which is a lot for all of you, yes also including me of course, but I'm not really into solo games). All I see now is excuses (planning, cheating, scripts, lack of understanding etc.) why you don't have to be the best in the other aspects, because according to you the aspect you're good at is the most important.

you're the best Worship Worship Worship

I agree with you 100% Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

https://www.youtube.com/user/thps3clan

Faith
11-27-2015, 19:38 (This post was last modified: 11-27-2015 19:46 by Faith.)

Tony Himself

All HEIL DEMACIA I mean ALL HEIL DEMOCRACY
and Zyzz he didnt notice you are in mko Tongue

btw this is why i ranked 3 places: http://www.chapter-3.net/thps3/v2/showth...p?tid=4098

Azyzzah
11-27-2015, 21:45

Proskater

lol Azyzzah MK0 is my name how can you miss that! Anyways looking forward to see the next videos and learn more about improv as this tournament goes on