Goodbye LevelMod

Demo
05-19-2013, 03:16

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
| Website
Hard to say, but I have to announce that mod development is officially halted after more than 20 months of development and I have to apologize for the misguiding april teaser, I actually thought we will be able to release it in time, but life's life.

Final Build 5 will be released as soon as Vadru will be able to finish his part of coding. I can't pack what I have at the moment, because it drops random testmessages, it wasn't tested on low-end machines and will most probably crash half of you, since it still does on mine at some points.

The lack of motivation doesn't let us to spend hours daily as we did before (naturally, our skype logs would turn in few kilometers) and even more - our jobs and the lack of free time doesn't even allow us to contact at the moment. This mod only lived by personal motivation and the small feedback we've had that I personally highly appreciate.

LevelMod became an impact in THPS community, as we were first to put such effort in a mod and release something massive and playable. As it looks easy to 'just' port maps, there was a lot of background work with reverse engineering, different game formats that noone documented before, game bugs, tools and the rest. Most of thps folk take it as copypaste that everyone can perform and it is the most offending part.

Unfortunately, LevelMod name was unofficially stolen to denote morten's mod in between thug2 community even though official name is not even announced. Nothing surprising actually, just another proof how broken thps community is. I never expected much, but there should be some kind of basic respect. Expect more 'levelmods' over time.

If you are still here, thanks for reading. That was a great part of my life and it is always hard to shut the doors. The last events just reveal the fact that time has come.

-
Youtube Channel | THPS2 Cumulative Patch | THPS3 LevelMod | THPS3 Project 512x | Tony Hawk's Games Wiki
-
Quote this message in a reply

Psycho
05-19-2013, 07:22

rockband addict

Hey Demo (and Vadru),

first off, back then, when the levelmod was released I thought it's such a stupid idea and I was always against these new maps ('cause I was such a pussy and didn't want to get used to new [old lol] maps).

After a while, I started loving a few maps and the levelmod as a whole.

You guys did an awesome job, I really appreciated all your work and I loved to report bugs and stuff.

And yeah, I gotta agree, this whole community is breaking apart..

Good luck to you and your future life,

love, xx, Psycho :Original

JeZ0
05-19-2013, 08:19

Tony Himself
| Website
Demo & Vadru. you're work has been outstanding and has really turned this skateboarding game into something completely new! I can not thank you enough for your contribution to this small community Heart

Good luck in the future and i wish you guys all the best.
Peace.

Until the end of Time

Zure
05-19-2013, 09:18

The one and only
| Website
Demo and Vadru, When I first heard about your mod back when I decided to get into modding THPS (which was in July 2012 when LevelMod v3+ was around) and thought it was amazing being able to play in the older levels in THPS3. Then when v4 was released, It totally changed my THPS3 experience. With being able to play in those THPS2x levels on PC, and being able to play in even more THPS4 levels. Your work is amazing and really changed my THPS experience.

Good luck to what you guys will accomplish in the future. (Y)

Sincerely.
Zure.ZSx

Lyst
05-19-2013, 10:21

Administrator
| Website
I'm still a bit confused, was only the date in the trailer misleading or were you not able to include all levels that were shown in the trailer? Anyway I'm looking forward to the last and final build. Really loved the previous builds and it gave a nice impulse to the thps3 community. (Y)

Yes, but why is the rum gone?

frost
05-19-2013, 11:25

Demo Wrote:Hard to say, but I have to announce that mod development is officially halted after more than 20 months of development and I have to apologize for the misguiding april teaser, I actually thought we will be able to release it in time, but life's life.

Final Build 5 will be released as soon as Vadru will be able to finish his part of coding. I can't pack what I have at the moment, because it drops random testmessages, it wasn't tested on low-end machines and will most probably crash half of you, since it still does on mine at some points.

The lack of motivation doesn't let us to spend hours daily as we did before (naturally, our skype logs would turn in few kilometers) and even more - our jobs and the lack of free time doesn't even allow us to contact at the moment. This mod only lived by personal motivation and the small feedback we've had that I personally highly appreciate.

LevelMod became an impact in THPS community, as we were first to put such effort in a mod and release something massive and playable. As it looks easy to 'just' port maps, there was a lot of background work with reverse engineering, different game formats that noone documented before, game bugs, tools and the rest. Most of thps folk take it as copypaste that everyone can perform and it is the most offending part.

Unfortunately, LevelMod name was unofficially stolen to denote morten's mod in between thug2 community even though official name is not even announced. Nothing surprising actually, just another proof how broken thps community is. I never expected much, but there should be some kind of basic respect. Expect more 'levelmods' over time.

If you are still here, thanks for reading. That was a great part of my life and it is always hard to shut the doors. The last events just reveal the fact that time has come.
dunno if troll or just retarded

seriously man?
ego and mont don't give a shit, they're doing that to piss you off, the only reason why that topic is named levelmod is because it's the name of emocores video, no one gives a shit what morten's mod is gonna be called; we already think it's going to be called thug2 revolution

that being said, both your mods are in all in all level mods primarily, thats what they mainly add, no one stole your fucking name.

maybe if you stepped down from your high horse just a minute and stopped taking everything so seriously, you would of done the right thing, which is ignore the troll and it would of died.

I think that you have a underlying entitlement that everyone should respect you like a god, and when you got trolled, you felt threatened and raged because you named your mod level mod (which they have a point, it's a generic name.)

no one is actually releasing a mod called level mod on thug2 - fact
no one is REALLY claiming that emocores copy of morten's mod is even fucking legitimate
no one outside of mont and ego is even trying to troll you.

do you even know how many flame wars i got in with these two? 80% of my posts are directed towards either one of them, it will only stop when you grow thicker skin and stop caring about idiots like them.

Now stop making a big deal out of something non-existent.

good day'

need help? spam me on steam/skype @ngfrost

Faith
05-19-2013, 14:07

Tony Himself

demo/vadru. Ive always loved ur work, it made playing thps3 way more interesting and fun for me. I dont mind either you make the lvlmod in 3 months or even 3 years. or you quit the whole project. The reason you gotta do it is out of passion and for the ppl who you like in the community.
Nothing will take the work and joy you created away and thats what i wanna thank you for. Thnx.

It seems like frost is telling that you put to much focus on those trolls.. I dont believe that actually.

frost
05-19-2013, 18:56

Faith Wrote:demo/vadru. Ive always loved ur work, it made playing thps3 way more interesting and fun for me. I dont mind either you make the lvlmod in 3 months or even 3 years. or you quit the whole project. The reason you gotta do it is out of passion and for the ppl who you like in the community.
Nothing will take the work and joy you created away and thats what i wanna thank you for. Thnx.

It seems like frost is telling that you put to much focus on those trolls.. I dont believe that actually.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://phun.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=4964">http://phun.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=4964</a><!-- m -->

the topic pretty much supports what im saying

Psycho
05-19-2013, 19:40

rockband addict

HAWKINGfrostix Wrote:<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://phun.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=4964">http://phun.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=4964</a><!-- m -->

lol sorry but I gotta disagree,

Demo is right in my opinion, since their comments are invalid as well.

first he's like

mont Wrote:u dont have the rights to the name "levelmod" mate its literally "level" and "mod" stuck together and thats exactly what it is./ youre full of yoruself

and after demo responds he's like

mont Wrote:Or what. im gonna call it levelmod forever and so is everyone else and youre gonna get really mad when we refer to the real levelmod instead of your map pack

I have no idea about the correct chronology but since demo released this mod ages ago I don't really know if they can call it theirs now, because this isn't just a "mappack", a mappack doesn't include new menus and stuff, the levelmod contains THPS3 2.0 (which was made by vadru, who is a part of the levelMOD team) and uhh yeah.

PS: sorry for posting here, but I am not able to post on phun since creating an account is not possible atm.

frost
05-19-2013, 20:34

Psycho Wrote:
HAWKINGfrostix Wrote:<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://phun.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=4964">http://phun.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=4964</a><!-- m -->

lol sorry but I gotta disagree,

Demo is right in my opinion, since their comments are invalid as well.

first he's like

mont Wrote:u dont have the rights to the name "levelmod" mate its literally "level" and "mod" stuck together and thats exactly what it is./ youre full of yoruself

and after demo responds he's like

mont Wrote:Or what. im gonna call it levelmod forever and so is everyone else and youre gonna get really mad when we refer to the real levelmod instead of your map pack

I have no idea about the correct chronology but since demo released this mod ages ago I don't really know if they can call it theirs now, because this isn't just a "mappack", a mappack doesn't include new menus and stuff, the levelmod contains THPS3 2.0 (which was made by vadru, who is a part of the levelMOD team) and uhh yeah.

PS: sorry for posting here, but I am not able to post on phun since creating an account is not possible atm.
you guys are believing what mont is saying at face value, mont is saying that SOLELY to piss off demo, no other reason.

jesus christ