Password Update

Psycho
01-21-2013, 22:32

rockband addict

I got that point with the KOTH and bla bla but he said that you can either be good at XTC or horrible in CTF, that's kind of confusing
Quote this message in a reply

stof
01-21-2013, 22:41

yall Ain't Shit
| Website
But what if.. What if someone on the list (who's no tester, and is not aloud to spread the pw) spreads the pw?

Is he gonna die?

spammmmmmm

Faith
01-21-2013, 22:47

Tony Himself

its way diffrent psycho.. dont wanna explain..

Psycho
01-21-2013, 22:55

rockband addict

stof Wrote:But what if.. What if someone on the list (who's no tester, and is not aloud to spread the pw) spreads the pw?

Is he gonna die?

kevDN4
01-21-2013, 22:57

What? 180!?

:lol: lil bit senseless discuss. Lyst remember "you split the community"? You said that a few years ago to me. I think you make the same. But thats an other subject.
I like that "pro pw" (i know that maybe 1 month after this pw got creat.)
But hey i think that test is only good for some random guys. Ppl who started a few months ago, or ppl that we (community?) dont know.

For me i have the best games with ppl that i know since a few years. And i gues you too. Or not? If that new guys want to get an step higher, the test is ok.

But not for the old active suckers please.

[Image: 23i8375.jpg]

Lyst
01-22-2013, 10:46

Administrator
| Website
Psycho Wrote:
lyst Wrote:• If you are only great at 1 aspect and suck at the other aspects, yeah then you'll get rejected.
• The idea behind the password is that the people you are playing with at least have a certain amount of skills in any game.
• Because someone who can do a decent combo (7 xtc) can still be a horrible CTF player and viceversa..

ok I can follow you in the first point
same to second
but the third one is kind of confusing.. aren't you only getting tested in XTCs?
how can you judge about their CTF skill then or did I get it wrong? :roll:
Ok I'll explain the full test.
Cheats - this one is obvious
At least 7 XTC in one random* level - this tests your basic comboing skills which you need in TA, Graffiti, NM's (which are not really relevant when strictly speaking about the password), Slap, Keep Away and XTC(/XTZ).
At least 50 seconds in a 2 min koth game - this tests a part of your strategy skills, like unpredictability etc. which is needed in CTF, CZ, KOTH, KA and even Improv.
A CZ game - this tests the other part of your strategy, about fastest ways in a level, which you need for CTF, CZ, KOTH, KA and Slap.
2-3 questions - this is to test some very basic knowledge about thps3 for instance to prevent people from crashing the servers.
*we won't pick the most difficult ones like SI or the new levels

As you see the tests are meant to test more general skills rather than just XTC or KOTH. We could put every gametype in the test, but then the test would take too long and games like slap and ctf are hard to test 1 on 1.

My point was if you are able to play great games, you will not fail this test, unless you are only good at 1 aspect. Because the purpose of this test was to only have players that have a certain minimum skill at every game.

Yes, but why is the rum gone?

Lyst
01-22-2013, 11:01

Administrator
| Website
stof Wrote:But what if.. What if someone on the list (who's no tester, and is not aloud to spread the pw) spreads the pw?

Is he gonna die?
In the beginning you would have got an permanent ban from chapter 3, but I don't like to use this forum to oppress people and it seemed it wouldn't stop people from telling. So there are no measures anymore. There are already some/many people that actually know this password because of someone spreading, which proves that another password like t or d is doomed to fail. We simply cannot control that, but we can control a list. However I do think that some testers too often forget to report failed or passed tests. So if you did pass this test and you are not on this list within 3 days, please PM me about who tested you, so I can verify and put you on the list.

Lyst
01-22-2013, 11:10

Administrator
| Website
kevDN4 Wrote:But hey i think that test is only good for some random guys. Ppl who started a few months ago, or ppl that we (community?) dont know.

For me i have the best games with ppl that i know since a few years. And i gues you too. Or not? If that new guys want to get an step higher, the test is ok.

But not for the old active suckers please.
If we would have given the password to everyone that already knew the old propassword back in 2010, then there would be no real use of a new password, other than a few new players being kept out. The issue was that some/many of us were annoyed by the lack of skills of certain players that already played in the proservers, especially when playing some serious games. These players skills did not really improve either, because they already obtained the password and there was no real reason to get better. That's why we came up with some requirements, so if you are playing in such a server you won't get annoyed by bad players anymore and the players that were not good enough yet, started to improve their skills in order to be able to play in these servers. And I think as an old player you can contribute to that by setting aside your ego and respect this test and show that you are able to pass this test. But there still is an exception rule that allows the testing team to give the password without test to old players that would obviously pass the test, but that is something we agreed on as a team, it's not my personal preference.

Nihilism
01-22-2013, 22:43

Three-sixty!

Well, I don't think I can pass the test but I believe I deserve to have the pro PW.

Challenger
01-23-2013, 22:05

Wannabe

I don't believe I can pass it either, but how is that fair to other members exactly?

Follow me on PHUN Online:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://phun.freeforums.org/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=939">http://phun.freeforums.org/memberlist.p ... file&u=939</a><!-- m -->