Password Update

shin
01-21-2013, 18:41

old.
| Website
if a random person would ask me about pro pw, I would say that he should train because he isn't enough good. But i would never say to him: hey, come back when you can make 7xtc, because that's a requirement for being a pro.

and example with Lalita is really bad. Ofc we don't like each other and we fighted many times on forum or on thps3, but it doesnt mean that we couldnt talk like normal ppl, because we alread did many times. Especially when i pmed him about my idea with los angeles, because i wanted him to make something for me. I don't need to like somebody to judge his skills. I had problems with blaq, wild but still we could respect each other skills.

Anyway making some standards for being a pro is really bad imo. As I said, if someone is skilled player, you just know it.

Whatever, we should end this conversation, because we talk about it already 2 years Laugh

@ Faith
My problem generally is that guys from "pro list" have a problem with me if I say pw without a test. Ofc if i said it to really random person like i did once 2 years ago, then i understand it, but if I see someone really deserves it, so I dont know why they complain about it. I guess they know im not a random person in thps world.

http://pl.youtube.com/user/prozshin
Quote this message in a reply

Faith
01-21-2013, 19:12

Tony Himself

We dont just know it. we all differ in opinions about skilled enough and its not up to one person to decide whether or not to give away a pw. thats what a test is for. a medium to make an average skill requirement to gain a pw. If we all would have the same opinion about if someone is skilled enough your idea would work but we dont.

shin
01-21-2013, 19:19

old.
| Website
ok i just have other opinion than rest of community Laugh what a surprise :mrgreen:

http://pl.youtube.com/user/prozshin

Faith
01-21-2013, 19:25

Tony Himself

haha (Y)

Psycho
01-21-2013, 19:32

rockband addict

shin Wrote:We know each other, because community is so small, so what's a problem.

One of the first times I gotta agree with shin.
We know each other for so long now, why should our people get rejected, even if we had great games with them.. :|

Faith
01-21-2013, 19:45

Tony Himself

go read up what lyst and i said.. im not gonna repead it. if you still disagree i cant help changing that or make it anymore clear what i think of it.

Lyst
01-21-2013, 21:15

Administrator
| Website
Psycho Wrote:
shin Wrote:We know each other, because community is so small, so what's a problem.

One of the first times I gotta agree with shin.
We know each other for so long now, why should our people get rejected, even if we had great games with them.. :|
If you are able to play great in games, then this test should be easy. If you are only great at 1 aspect and suck at the other aspects, yeah then you'll get rejected. The idea behind the password is that the people you are playing with at least have a certain amount of skills in any game. Because someone who can do a decent combo (7 xtc) can still be a horrible CTF player and viceversa. In servers with these passwords I want to play with people that add something in stead of fix their mistakes or even lose thanks to their mistakes. Plus players are tested on cheats etc. Ofcourse they turn off their cheats during the test, but I don't think you'll be using cheats if you can pass this test without.

Yes, but why is the rum gone?

Lyst
01-21-2013, 21:23

Administrator
| Website
shin Wrote:@ Faith
My problem generally is that guys from "pro list" have a problem with me if I say pw without a test. Ofc if i said it to really random person like i did once 2 years ago, then i understand it, but if I see someone really deserves it, so I dont know why they complain about it. I guess they know im not a random person in thps world.
Well one thing has to do with the other. Ofcourse you are able to see whether someone is a pro, but since you've ruined passwords in the past and also tried to ruin this we decided not to put you in the testing team. And if people outside the team would be allowed to spread the password then people will just be giving this password to all their friends again and shout it in the chat and it will eventually fail just like pretty much every other password in THPS history. That's why there is a team giving passwords and that's why nobody will end up on the list when he's given the password by someone that is not in that team.

Yes, but why is the rum gone?

Psycho
01-21-2013, 21:31

rockband addict

lyst Wrote:• If you are only great at 1 aspect and suck at the other aspects, yeah then you'll get rejected.
• The idea behind the password is that the people you are playing with at least have a certain amount of skills in any game.
• Because someone who can do a decent combo (7 xtc) can still be a horrible CTF player and viceversa..

ok I can follow you in the first point
same to second
but the third one is kind of confusing.. aren't you only getting tested in XTCs?
how can you judge about their CTF skill then or did I get it wrong? :roll:

Faith
01-21-2013, 22:17

Tony Himself

see it as an example. like: being good in xtc doesnt mean you are good at koth. or being good at cz doesnt mean you are good at ta. your right it doesnt get tested. i think llyst meant it this way.