[THPS3] Level Out 2.9 (28/1/2012)

coolsnake
01-27-2012, 21:30

lyst Wrote:Is it possible to make any flip to grab combination? Like you can do the kickflip to indy/crail/melon by combining the animations of both?

And that file that should prevent people from crashing.. that's the world upsidedown. If mods are not compatible with native thps3, then don't introduce them. Now you expect everyone to download the files, because some of the players might use a modification.

Eh, I'm really on the fence about adding or removing the special tricks. I temporary disabled the download for now.

Nevertheless it still is a good idea to use my protection anyway, for the few people that still use Ksk 1.3 mod. It should be non-intrusive etc.

And yes, kinda. there is an animation that goes from kickflip to your board, namely KickflipbendBS / KickflipbendFS and you should be able to combine it with next to every grab. You're able to make flip to grabs that won't crash other people's games since it's just a combination of the default tricks.

[THPS3] Level Out 1.9 (14/1/2012)
[THPS3] Ingame MP3 Player v1.6 FINAL (7/01/2012)
BW Manual fix
[THPS3]Graffiti Colors from THPS4PC

Please vote to add Tony Hawk games to GOG.com, you need to make an account to vote!
Quote this message in a reply

Demo
01-27-2012, 22:52

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
| Website
lyst Wrote:If mods are not compatible with native thps3, then don't introduce them. Now you expect everyone to download the files, because some of the players might use a modification.
ok 1st one, levelmod is incompatible with original game, if ppl join to new map, they crash. so should we stop playing new maps cause of it?

now 2nd one, how many ppl use 1.3? basically this is 1.3 extension and if they aready use 1.3 it means that they already can crash ppl online. i dont see a big problem here. you guys play cz/ctf on pw hosts with fastairtrix only, i doubt you really care about it Tongue

and 3rd, coolsnake is the one who works on major script mods for thps3 right now, so i think he can do anything he can. new breath is welcome to this old game.

the only thing i might suggest, new tricks that may crash ppl should be marked with (*) for example, so you know what's safe to use online.

-
Youtube Channel | THPS2 Cumulative Patch | THPS3 LevelMod | THPS3 Project 512x | Tony Hawk's Games Wiki
-

Lyst
01-28-2012, 11:11

Administrator
| Website
1. Doing a trick is really different from loading a level. (see 3.)
2. Not much, that's why I don't understand he spends so much time on mods which barely anyone is going to use.
3. I'm not saying he should stop modding, I agree it's good to have some fresh new stuff in THPS3, as long it doesn't give advantages to one player over another or if it does, you should be able to turn it off when it is needed. I'm just saying that if everyone needs to download a file, because else they would crash by other people using his mod, is the other way around. When you change level to a level someone doesn't have, he can't play it anyway, but when you do a level out or some new trick, the other player should be able to continue playing.

ps. maybe it's an idea for the level mod (idk if its possible) to check if everyone has the map, like is done with CAPs before you can change to the level? This way you know you can safely change to the map and you don't crash people (Y)

Yes, but why is the rum gone?

Demo
01-28-2012, 12:04

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
| Website
i still think he should do what he wants to, i like his ideas, i like he breaths life in some of my ideas and i always test 'em as he release. (though i don't use it cause i have my own scripts etc Tongue). if you played in 2k6 you prolly talked same abt ksk8er when he released 1.3 Tongue

well, i agree levelmod is an unapropriate example, cause people only crash when joining and they ofc cant crash host. also if you played any default map for and then changed to new, ppl will remain on previous level, seeing you far above or below skating in air :lol: (and that check is probably impossible, cause that menu is hard-coded, i'd better remove cap check cause sometimes it pisses off when you want to play cap and some1 is joining, you have to rehost :lolOriginal.

but hey, what's the aim of mod? new features. th3 can't operate on unknown things and it crashes so what can we do. basically everything that doesnt crash ppl online is made already.

-
Youtube Channel | THPS2 Cumulative Patch | THPS3 LevelMod | THPS3 Project 512x | Tony Hawk's Games Wiki
-

Lyst
01-28-2012, 14:25

Administrator
| Website
Then we're simply limited to that, you can't require people to download files for not crashing in the native game.

And yes I said the same about 1.3 and I was not the only one. Pretty much the whole thps3 community was against the mod for two reasons, 1. it gave advantages over non-users and 2. people crashed when they didn't have the mod. That's why for example vadrus THPS3 2.0 mod only contains stuff that doesn't crash people and doesn't give advantages over other players.

coolsnake
01-28-2012, 14:31

Just to be clear, leveling out or any of the other game mechanic tweaks don't crash anyone's game. The sole cause are the new animations that are loaded, like they were also the cause in Ksk's mod.

Turning stuff on and off is easier said than done. There are only a couple of ways the host can communicate with the player clients that I know off. Changing gamemodes, turning slap on and off and kicking/banning players.

Here's an example of something I made a while ago. Before I switch gamemodes I'm using the game mechanics from Ksk's mod/Leveloutmod, afterwards I use the ones of default THPS3.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnrpz9_graffiti1compressed">http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnrpz9 ... compressed</a><!-- m -->

Also, the reason why I make stuff that hardly any of you use? Because I can. I like the challenge of pushing THPS3 to its limits.

[THPS3] Level Out 1.9 (14/1/2012)
[THPS3] Ingame MP3 Player v1.6 FINAL (7/01/2012)
BW Manual fix
[THPS3]Graffiti Colors from THPS4PC

Please vote to add Tony Hawk games to GOG.com, you need to make an account to vote!

Lyst
01-28-2012, 14:36

Administrator
| Website
coolsnake Wrote:Here's an example of something I made a while ago. Before I switch gamemodes I'm using the game mechanics from Ksk's mod/Leveloutmod, afterwards I use the ones of default THPS3.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnrpz9_graffiti1compressed">http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnrpz9 ... compressed</a><!-- m -->
That seems like a good solution for stuff that gives advantages over other players, especially when you say it's hard to make an enable/disable menu.

Demo
01-28-2012, 15:30

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
| Website
are we talking about advantages? fastairtricks is cheating obviously, but it's wide used in community. double-sided standards guys Tongue

-
-

Lyst
01-28-2012, 17:58

Administrator
| Website
It is cheating in games like TA and graffiti indeed. That's why they are not allowed in those tours. In improvisational tours slow tricks fill up the airs better than fasttricks do, but fasttricks give more possibilities. In games like CTF, KOTH, CZ and Slap there are no advantages at all. And since those games are the games we play in 99% of the time, it's accepted by the community.
Things like fastturns and wallieplants however, also give an advantage in those games.

plum
01-29-2012, 01:48

Tony Himself
| Website
lyst Wrote:It is cheating in games like TA and graffiti indeed. That's why they are not allowed in those tours. In improvisational tours slow tricks fill up the airs better than fasttricks do, but fasttricks give more possibilities. In games like CTF, KOTH, CZ and Slap there are no advantages at all. And since those games are the games we play in 99% of the time, it's accepted by the community.
Things like fastturns and wallieplants however, also give an advantage in those games.
Wrong. It makes it slightly easier to fill and keep special bar full. I don't give a single shit about people using ft in any mode (including ta and graff). I'm just fussy Tongue

The size of four children, eh?

I'm sorry I wrote you such a long post. I didn't have time to write a short one.