[THPS3] Level Out 2.9 (28/1/2012)

Demo
01-11-2012, 03:20

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
| Website
prefet landing, yeye
but it's bad idea to add it as trick Tongue
perfect landing (or clean in thug2) and sloppy (or sketchy) should use same panel that messages "Special Trick" and "Landing Sideways" use. you can easily find it in tricks.qb

and wtf, almost 15 degrees difference on landing i think, this is not perfect Xd

-
Youtube Channel | THPS2 Cumulative Patch | THPS3 LevelMod | THPS3 Project 512x | Tony Hawk's Games Wiki
-
Quote this message in a reply

coolsnake
01-11-2012, 10:26

Nope.
I'm glad you didn't notice actually. The camera angles for the flips and rolls are fixed now.

[THPS3] Level Out 1.9 (14/1/2012)
[THPS3] Ingame MP3 Player v1.6 FINAL (7/01/2012)
BW Manual fix
[THPS3]Graffiti Colors from THPS4PC

Please vote to add Tony Hawk games to GOG.com, you need to make an account to vote!

Demo
01-11-2012, 10:37

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
| Website
lol that one? haha actionly looked like a glitch Tongue
is there another way to implement rolls w/o freezing in the air?

-
Youtube Channel | THPS2 Cumulative Patch | THPS3 LevelMod | THPS3 Project 512x | Tony Hawk's Games Wiki
-

coolsnake
01-11-2012, 11:14

Nope. The main problem with the flips and rolls system is that it doesn't work in "vert air". I tried to circumvent that with making the game believe that it doesn't take place in "vert air".

A problem that arises from doing that is that the camera follows the player wile flipping/rolling which resulted in very jerky camera movement that you could see in older versions. It is much less of a problem when doing it on the ground because the camera is behind the player. It is a problem in vert air because the camera is at a different position.

In version 1.7.3/1.8 this was semi-fixed by freezing the player in the air. The camera was still a bit jerky but atleast you could see where you were going to land.

Now I also made the camera position static while in the air so that it keeps the default in vert air camera position while doing the flip.

EDIT:
After playing around with this for a bit, I decided not to add it because the freezing of tricks in midair for even a quarter of a second was very disruptive for gameplay. I changed the flips and rolls a bit. They are a lot more fast paced in QP's now and the camera is still jerky but atleast it doesn't interrupt gameflow.

I also uploaded my newest version.

Changelog 1.9 (14/1/2012)
- Able to Spine Transfer the thicker QP's in Tokyo
- Boneless/Bean Plant/Fast Plant don't just use Boneless animation anymore (see this thread for more info)
- Fixed level out exploit
- Further trick speed tweaking
- Changed name of Heelflip Darkslide back to Layback Sparks
- Made kickflip the nollie animation for backfoot kickflip
- Made heelflip the nollie animation for backfoot heelflip
- Fixed speed bug with Sackplant
- Added Beni Fingerflip to tricklist
- Able to hold Kickflip to Crail/Indy/Melon like real grabs
- Added Kickflip to Crail/Indy/Melon to tricklist
- Overhaul of grab system, is now eerily close to the one in THPS4
- Added blending to all my created tricks
- Changements to Flips & Rolls in QP

Noteworthy is that there was some nearly unnoticeable delay in the execution of the double tap grabs. I was able to fix that and they feel extremely responsive now, just like in THPS4.

I pretty much added everything I wanted to add. For my next, probably final, version I'll add all the unused special tricks. Please use them at your own discretion since they will crash other people's clients that don't use my mod.

BW Manual fix

Please vote to add Tony Hawk games to GOG.com, you need to make an account to vote!

coolsnake
01-26-2012, 22:16

Hey guys, I'm pretty much finished with my mod now. I updated my main post and updated the download links. Here's the changelog in comparison to the last version.

Changelog 2.8 (26/1/2012)
- Fixed BW manual bug
- Replaced Ksk's wallieplant with real wallieplant from THPS4
- fixed inconsistency with doubletap fliptricks(more responsive now)
- fixed Ksk's delay in dropdown when in QP
- fixed Ksk's Dropdown not working correctly all the time
- Dropdown works on special grinds too now
- tweaked 1-2-3-4 trickspeed
- Added 40 extra tricks (From THPS1,THPS2 + new ones)
- Matched scores and tricknames from older games
- Fixed graphical glitch with Visiting Home for skater that are not Demoness
- Added Visiting Home manual to tricklist
- roughly ordered the tricks alphabetically

Most noticeable thing is the extra 40 tricks. Most of the tricks are from THPS1 and THPS2. There are also some unused ones from in THPS3. (like the Maul Spin Grab) There are also some alternative animations for the same tricks like 360 flip/360 shove-it. I renamed them to Street 360 flip/360 shove-it.

I also added a file in my main post for people that don't use my mod and don't want to get crashed by the new animations. Just unzip it in your data folder and add the following two lines to your qdir.text file.

Code:
TH313\skater_m_ksktricks.qb
TH313\skater_m.qb

This will also stop people using THPS1.3 for crashing your game.

Since I did pretty much everything I wanted to do in THPS3, this will probably be my last mod. I'll still try to fix bugs since they are bound to creep up when I added that mass of tricks.

BW Manual fix

Demo
01-26-2012, 22:25

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
| Website
1.9 -> 2.8
lol

edit:
bugfixes?
the most annoying 1.3 bug - no change level in end run menu
360 flip to mute is NOT a grab, you shouldn't add mute grab in the end, just use it as 1234 trick. (i think varial heel judo is here too)
pogo air and racket air maybe grabs? they are in thps2.
new grids don't react to skater's balance, anim just loops. should be fixed if possible.

-
-

coolsnake
01-27-2012, 09:45

Demo Wrote:1.9 -> 2.8
edit:
bugfixes?
the most annoying 1.3 bug - no change level in end run menu
Whut?
Please explain further.

Quote:360 flip to mute is NOT a grab, you shouldn't add mute grab in the end, just use it as 1234 trick. (i think varial heel judo is here too)
Those were made grabs for consistency since I made Kickflip to Melon/Indy/Crail grabs. Can always revert them back easily to fliptricks like Double Kickflip Indy.

Quote:pogo air and racket air maybe grabs? they are in thps2.
They are but it's not possible or really inconvenient to do.

Quote:new grids don't react to skater's balance, anim just loops. should be fixed if possible.
Hm going to check that out.

EDIT: The reacting to balance part seems fine to me. The balance animations do seem to loop, not sure if this is something that can be fixed.

BW Manual fix

Demo
01-27-2012, 10:28

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
| Website
there's no 'Change level' menu item in single session end run menu which is annoying.

the thing with 360 flip to mute is that there's nothing related to mute grab Tongue it's just "flip" trick.

about grabs - can't you loop thrrough some anim frames while grab is held?

ofc skater's angle changes. but the tricky thing is that they use balance animation as follows:
start end
<----|---->
left right

so if you're leaning left - anim plays from middle to left, same for right lean. new tricks just play left to right, left to right and so on.

this may be related to how anim is stored, to be sure, load new grind in anim player and check if it looks same.

-
-

coolsnake
01-27-2012, 11:13

Demo Wrote:there's no 'Change level' menu item in single session end run menu which is annoying.
Should be an easy fix by editing game.qb. Problem is that game.qb from Ksk's THPS1.3 mod doesn't like to be edited with THQBedit and roq. Means you probably have to edit game.qb from default THPS3 and add the menu's that way. Not too hard but also not in the scope of my levelout mod. I really want to focus on gameplay related changes before I start messing around with menu's.

Demo Wrote:the thing with 360 flip to mute is that there's nothing related to mute grab Tongue it's just "flip" trick.
I'm considering changing them back to fliptricks. The Varial Heelflip Judo despite some meddling around with doesn't have the most clean grab animation.

Demo Wrote:about grabs - can't you loop thrrough some anim frames while grab is held?
Easier said than done. Possible but very annoying to do. Might not be worth the effort.

Demo Wrote:ofc skater's angle changes. but the tricky thing is that they use balance animation as follows:
start end
<----|---->
left right

so if you're leaning left - anim plays from middle to left, same for right lean. new tricks just play left to right, left to right and so on.

this may be related to how anim is stored, to be sure, load new grind in anim player and check if it looks same.
Found the fix for it, it's something really small and silly. Expect an update soon.

EDIT: updated main post with links

Changelog 2.8 rev1.0 (27/1/2012)
- Changed 360 Flip to Mute/Varial Heelflip Judo back to Fliptricks
- Fixed grind loop animations

Temporary disabled

BW Manual fix

Lyst
01-27-2012, 18:40

Administrator
| Website
Is it possible to make any flip to grab combination? Like you can do the kickflip to indy/crail/melon by combining the animations of both?

And that file that should prevent people from crashing.. that's the world upsidedown. If mods are not compatible with native thps3, then don't introduce them. Now you expect everyone to download the files, because some of the players might use a modification.

Yes, but why is the rum gone?