New Mod Idea

plum
12-17-2011, 11:45

Tony Himself
| Website
Faith Wrote:I have seen some rly cool idea's gj (Y) But i dont like the idea of a score-upload or something that counts what you are doing. I think that by creating such a mod people are gonna play out of competition and the fun of playing some games and do crazy shit without being judged will be gone. If you can see the wins and loses and dropped flags or slaps or tags etc. you will get a false impression of the players abilities. Get a impression of someones skills by winning tournaments and just not a random game. ==Original
Yes. I think it should not be automatic. Only opt-in when you make a server. When I play other games that use some ranking, sometimes I don't give a single shit about stats, sometimes I do. Whenever I'm in top10 out of like 4000 players whole fun of playing is ruined, because I'm afraid of dying and I play supersafe. It sucks. But I think it's interesting to see your stats. I would still prefer to be tracked than not.

The size of four children, eh?

I'm sorry I wrote you such a long post. I didn't have time to write a short one.
Quote this message in a reply

Nevermind
12-17-2011, 11:47

Officer Dick

who cares about the ranking here?
we know the skills of each other lol you can still play the same way

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act”

plum
12-17-2011, 11:53

Tony Himself
| Website
Nevermind Wrote:who cares about the ranking here?
we know the skills of each other lol you can still play the same way
It would interesting to see how many times I slapped shin or lyst (sombrero)

The size of four children, eh?

I'm sorry I wrote you such a long post. I didn't have time to write a short one.

shin
12-17-2011, 11:58

old.
| Website
plum Wrote:It would interesting to see how many times I slapped shin (sombrero)

We don't need the ranking Laugh

http://pl.youtube.com/user/prozshin

Lyst
12-17-2011, 12:12

Administrator
| Website
Don't worry guys, you can turn it on/off Wink There will even be an afk-modus where the game ignores your actions. So if you want to play just some non-serious matches you can turn it off and if you want to play to gather pts for the ranking or just want to know how many times you captured a flag in 2012 then you can turn it on. It also offers possibilities like showing an who's online list at c3.

And if it really really bothers you that your game-events are being logged, just don't download it. Side-effect is that you don't participate in rankings. I'm not going to manually update rankings anymore. And the initial system where people could post and confirm there matches was too easy to abuse.

Yes, but why is the rum gone?

Faith
12-17-2011, 12:39

Tony Himself

well, If you can turn it on and off when ever you want. Then you can just increase your ranking alot by only turn it on when playing against noobs. So you will get a flase impression of the players' skills. I do like the idea of how many times you slaped some one or w/e but the ranking thing aint so good idea. I dont see the value of ranking if you can get high scores against noobs. I do like this: non-ranked information about each player. example: you click lyst: then a tablet shows of how many slaps or tags or caps or points he made when he turned his mod on. then you can click slaps to see who he slapped.. but i think thats rly hard to make, so idk about that.

Shizz
12-17-2011, 19:20

It's Rodney!

plum Wrote:[*]Games like zombie, god graff etc You can find them here: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.chapter-3.net/thps3/site/distribution/viewtopic.php?p=7412">viewtopic.php?p=7412</a><!-- l -->
Awesome!! I totally forgot about that topic Laugh

edit: Can vadru not just make a totally new game :ugeek: ?
edit2: I fucking like the list on c3 where u can see who's online on thps3-idea Ohmy

Those who do not learn history, are doomed to repeat it.

Day
12-17-2011, 19:34

Tony Himself
| Website
Faith Wrote:well, If you can turn it on and off when ever you want. Then you can just increase your ranking alot by only turn it on when playing against noobs. So you will get a flase impression of the players' skills. I do like the idea of how many times you slaped some one or w/e but the ranking thing aint so good idea. I dont see the value of ranking if you can get high scores against noobs. I do like this: non-ranked information about each player. example: you click lyst: then a tablet shows of how many slaps or tags or caps or points he made when he turned his mod on. then you can click slaps to see who he slapped.. but i think thats rly hard to make, so idk about that.
it doesnt matter if you win against noobs.
Then you'r stats might be a bit "faked", but this who's online function is pretty cool too imo.

Heart

Lyst
12-17-2011, 20:57

Administrator
| Website
Faith Wrote:well, If you can turn it on and off when ever you want. Then you can just increase your ranking alot by only turn it on when playing against noobs. So you will get a flase impression of the players' skills. I do like the idea of how many times you slaped some one or w/e but the ranking thing aint so good idea. I dont see the value of ranking if you can get high scores against noobs. I do like this: non-ranked information about each player. example: you click lyst: then a tablet shows of how many slaps or tags or caps or points he made when he turned his mod on. then you can click slaps to see who he slapped.. but i think thats rly hard to make, so idk about that.
Nope, the ranking system will be very dynamic. It's not about who played the most matches or who wins vs noobs a lot. You'll get more pts for beating someone with more pts than you than someone with barely any pts. So playing against noobs (if they have the file too) will give you pts, but you'll have to play so many matches to get the same amount of points as beating for instance the number 1 in the ranking a few times. And for newcomers it should be possible to become first in the ranking within 10-20 matches.

Yes, but why is the rum gone?

krea
12-18-2011, 13:06

Officer Dick

dynamic ranking would be cool definately but is it really doable? sounds like some really amazing programming which will need >1year for sure.

Now i certainly liked the idea of a "duel" mod where 2 players play and the rest has to observe :Original