Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD!

Demo
01-02-2012, 22:19

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
| Website
dude, now let's talk seriously.

6 years so far no any tony hawk pc release.

3 years ago franchise moved to an unknown developer, who never worked for pc platform.

robomodo is low-budget company which means that thpshd is nothing for publisher and they don't have any plans for it.

activision is a company that cares about fans only until next game in the series, that's why they unofficially called *ucktivision. (btw activision blocked second patch for thps3 because thps4 was coming)

pc is considered the platform that returns the smallest profit due to easier spreading of the games (as shown by crytek - they decided to release initially pc exclusive game crysis for other platforms. why? profit)

now 1+2+3+4+5 and tell me why they should spend money on porting thpshd to pc?

-
Youtube Channel | THPS2 Cumulative Patch | THPS3 LevelMod | THPS3 Project 512x | Tony Hawk's Games Wiki
-
Quote this message in a reply

Krad
01-02-2012, 22:56

Administrator

I think.. you need to aim your bottled frustration towards something else.

I took notice along with many others that the PC world of THPS has been left out to dry although its a viable part of the community.

I do not even play PC versions of THPS, nor do I really care about the rest of your response, and I will not apologize for making a very small, and obviously a very weak attempt to gather a list of people in order to change someones mind.

Esk8
01-02-2012, 23:07

Three-sixty!

I don't think that was really aimed at you Krad (more just stating facts and fatality)
and I thank you for the effort though I doubt that even with several thousand of signatures a petition would matter.

Secondly, the piracy excuse for not releasing on pc is just that; an excuse. While piracy does have an effect obviously, it's not as big a deal as some publishers try to pretend. If you make your game accessible to people easily, with no DRM and a fair price, they will buy it. See; Bastion, Humble Indie Bundles, etc. Piracy happens for console games as well. The truth is it's much easier to release on consoles than on PCs, for one because everybody has the same consoles while PC specs can vary extremely.

Also, making *good* PC games that also release on consoles is hard because it usually leads to horrible console ports like we see all the time.

Krad
01-02-2012, 23:14

Administrator

Yeah I probably shouldn't of taken his post too personal lol. I just get the ''they wont listen why should I sign'' sort of post a lot. Maybe that ''dude'' thing is what did it.

and I agree that the piracy angle is more of an excuse than anything, and its not like consoles are forever protected against piracy either.

You said that PC games that later lead to consoles usually end up as a poor result for console players, does that go both ways? I recall that THPSPC games were released a few months after the console games were.

Lyst
01-02-2012, 23:36

Administrator
| Website
What do we need this game for anyways Tongue
We've got vadru and demo adding new levels, lalita with his ambition to make levels HD and I'm working with vadru on a system that offers many new possibilities. :Laugh

Yes, but why is the rum gone?

Day
01-02-2012, 23:41

Tony Himself
| Website
lyst Wrote:What do we need this game for anyways Tongue
We've got vadru and demo adding new levels, lalita with his ambition to make levels HD and I'm working with vadru on a system that offers many new possibilities. :Laugh
Heart lyst = brings up the best mood eva

Heart

bluey
01-02-2012, 23:45

FATALITY

ye, but if could get this "two" games, it would be great too.
Ye, Krad, I dont think you should have taken Demo's post personnally.
IMO, he explains his logic, which is understandable.

I think it won't change their mind (>I am talking about Activision) but it's our rights to explain our point of view. That's why this petition is useful.

Let's sign and see.

Heart

Krad
01-02-2012, 23:53

Administrator

Always Heart; Blueman.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j426/Kradacious/P1010098.jpg">http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j42 ... 010098.jpg</a><!-- m -->

bluey
01-03-2012, 00:11

FATALITY

Krad Wrote:Always Heart; Blueman.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j426/Kradacious/P1010098.jpg">http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j42 ... 010098.jpg</a><!-- m -->

ahah Krad !
You found it on phunonline? right?

Those pics made me laugh rly !
thx Heart

Heart

Shizz
01-03-2012, 00:15

It's Rodney!

What about the idea to sign 100000000 times with same pc, false adress Tongue? does that work ?

Those who do not learn history, are doomed to repeat it.