THPS in 2012

Day
06-12-2011, 15:57

Tony Himself
| Website
Hey guys,

as you maybe allready read in Esk8's blog or somewhere else there will be a thps game in 2012 which will be totally different then shred and ride (that's damn good lol). Here's a part of gamezones information;
Quote:The Tony Hawk series has been on hiatus ever since the awful release of both Tony Hawk: Ride and Tony Hawk: Shred. [...]
That time of reflection may be coming to an end, though, as Tony Hawk himself has revealed that the series is back on track for 2012. [...]
“We’re actually right in the middle of making a whole new plan right now,” said Hawk. “We’re going to do something probably for next year, but I can’t give too much away. But definitely we’re going to make new games, yes.”
It isn’t yet clear who he’s talking to at Activision about the future of the franchise. With Neversoft downsized after Guitar Hero’s death and Robomodo cut down following Ride and Shred’s failures, it doesn’t seem like anyone at Activision is in a position to do right by the series.
In my mind, the only direction to go is back to the start. Anyone taking on Tony Hawk at this point needs to capture the original magic in a current gen setting. Bring the series back to the basics of Tony Hawk 1 and 2, but add physics and more complex environments. At least that’s what I think. If they can’t do it by 2012, it may be time to accept defeat to EA’s Skate series.

Now the question is:

WILL THE NEW SERIES EVER BE NEARLY GOOD AS THE OLD GAMES?
Maybe this game in 2012 is Tony's last chance...
Then there wont be anything anymore from him!
But who knows what will happen...

anyways feel free to post suggestions for the game and pls post if you would buy it Laugh

Heart
Quote this message in a reply

Day
06-12-2011, 16:05

Tony Himself
| Website
I'll give it a start;

I know that tony hawk wont read any suggestions but here they are;

-I think a game which has a very good Multiplayer is succesful anyways, so Tony should think about smthin awesome!
Maybe like in Starcraft, that you can choose between 1v1 2v2 ... and maybe also with leagues...
Or like in WoW with a huge free world.
Whatever i think you see the point.

-He should really patch the game. I mean thps3 would be much more active now (maybe also alive), if there wouldve been more patches... - not only one for fixing several bugs - ..for new maps and/or games/clothes etc...
That's the second point for a succesful game.

That are my "ideas" and i think i will defenatly buy the game if its avaible for pc! Maybe MAYBE Lyst/Esk8 can "rebuild" this forum for the new game (ofc only if it is nearly succesful , for pc etc...)

Esk8
06-12-2011, 19:29

Three-sixty!

Well I'm mostly hoping they release on pc and try to go back to the roots. Honestly, at this day and age you could do some really neat things with physics. But as long as they don't try to make it super realistic. That would be like SKATE.

What would be nice is if they included all the levels of past games in it though.

Padel
06-12-2011, 20:41

Wannabe

Esk8 Wrote:What would be nice is if they included all the levels of past games in it though.
ye definitely, that would be cool! (Y)

>y0<

plum
06-12-2011, 23:43

Tony Himself
| Website
THPS should not try to make realistic skate game. They should make game that is not bad copy of ea skate. It must be different. THPS 4 HD with new levels and skaters would be perfect. Online along with games like ta graffiti cz or ctf should introduce something like get there (stick it) challenges and some co-op modes. One thing they can copy from ea is video editor like where you can easily edit and upload videos.

The size of four children, eh?

I'm sorry I wrote you such a long post. I didn't have time to write a short one.

Psycho
06-13-2011, 00:29

rockband addict

Day Wrote:Maybe like in Starcraft, that you can choose between 1v1 2v2 ... and maybe also with leagues...
Or like in WoW with a huge free world.

Chill! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

krea
06-13-2011, 11:57

Officer Dick

i hope there wont be walljumping or running with the board.
also i hope that my computer can run it :roll:

bluey
06-13-2011, 12:14

FATALITY

krea Wrote:i hope there wont be walljumping or running with the board.
also i hope that my computer can run it :roll:

I guess you hope THPS5 :Laugh

Heart

shin
06-13-2011, 13:34

old.
| Website
yo, I'm Tony Hawk!

http://pl.youtube.com/user/prozshin

ShiFty