03-14-2010, 23:38

Officer Dick

12 might be enuff too. no?
Quote this message in a reply

Lyst
03-15-2010, 00:36

Administrator
| Website
the thing you mean are style lines. I didnt use runs for nothing. Ofcourse i know stylelines are planned.
Doh, its best do be best at both. and i dont say youre a bad prover, but i havent seen a great prov from you either. I just see that the word improv for you mostly means not planned variation in your tricks. While for me its unplanned 'variation' of going through the levels. For you risk means doing an extra or late trick in an air. For me its the risk you take in your moves. And thats where combolength kicks in. If you lose a combo
because of a risk you took, then its not so bad. In other cases it is bad to have small combos like worm in bys3.

Yes, but why is the rum gone?

shin
03-15-2010, 01:51

old.
| Website
who does know what means prov in lyst's mind, please let me know.

Lyst is awesome, he can argue about every aspect of thps game, and even if 99% people don't know what he is talking about or just don't agree with him he is always right.

I will stop making tricks. I guess i will take some risk. dunno just what. Maybe trying to kill myself during my run. Or maybe just balance my manual from up to down like asshole to show i took the risk and trying not to bail. or fly in level!! yep could be awesome. Have you any wings? or just manualing small objects because big objects don't give an extra points.

lyst, please back on the earth..

http://pl.youtube.com/user/prozshin

Esk8
03-15-2010, 03:46

Three-sixty!

Guys cut the crap, seriously. Must you all argue on every aspect of every technique or contest or whatever? To me, prov is simple - NOT PLANNED runs (it's called improving for a reason, duh) it is an efficient use of the level to flow in style.

Somebody who can use every part of a level in different ways while looking good is a master prover. Style is as important as tfs, as combo length, as doing unusual stuff. Prov is a mix of everything.

We can debate this but that is how I play and also how I judge. Everybody has an equal chance.

Lyst
03-15-2010, 10:23

Administrator
| Website
Who said I don't judge at style? For me it's just
Improv (levelusage/suprising moves) 40 %
Style (trickusage/spinning) 30%
Speed/Flow/Combolength 30%
In stead of style 60%, improv 20% and Speed 20%, just because you can't do dd/wp or w/e.
My point is, that in previous tours, there were some judges, who gave all runs with great style the best rank, even while some of them were linear and playing it safe as hell. It was all about the style: You'd get most points if you go into a lot of ramps and do triple trick combinations which look hot. Sure there were some judges who focused too much on improv too, but that's why we always had 3 judges.

Besides, stop acting like my runs consists of empty airs only. Sure my style is not as great as yours or sicks. And ofcourse I spin a trick wrong once in a while. Just because I'm not really focused on playing with style, the style is more an automatism for me, while I'm focusing on doing suprising stuff during the run.
And if I was a really great improver, I could have both, great style and great improv. But I'm not. Neither are you, because at improv side there is lacking as much as for me on the styleside.

Just have a look at the vid that inspires me for doing improvs even though it's in thaw and such moves are not even possible in thps3, I still try to make such suprising runs, that get somewhat close to the dt ela provs, even if it's never possible to even approach it in thps3. Still you can make entertaining/suprising runs. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://vimeo.com/6657962">http://vimeo.com/6657962</a><!-- m -->

Yes, but why is the rum gone?

SicK
03-15-2010, 16:16

Tony Himself

lyst Wrote:. I just see that the word improv for you mostly means not planned variation in your tricks. While for me its unplanned 'variation' of going through the levels.
dont agree . U see wrong for me it means same what u ve wrote + doing it with style. For me it means unplaned "variation" of goin throught the leve with style.

Quote:Neither are you, because at improv side there is lacking as much as for me on the styleside

LOL thats funny cuz you call urself here better improv player then me Original You think all i can is style. Hell how wrong u are doesnt even need a comment. I can just say few ur sentences are total bullshits from ur imagination. I dont even think your prov is good , style is terrible but i never said anything about your prov . Anyway i wont write more about it here esk pty much sumed it up and you Lyst use too many words like those are 100%facts only cuz those are only ur thoughts. I tried to give u facts and u came with ur thoughts. gimme some facts finally. Also stop with that silent thaw old prov which isnt even superb nowadays^^ I mean it is thaw u can do those things pty easy there^^

CHAMP
[Image: image.php?5.61.85.39.png]

foolish
03-15-2010, 18:13

Three-sixty!

im out, i don't wanna play in a tour, where all you guys do is argueing about boring shit.

oh noes!

Esk8
03-15-2010, 18:39

Three-sixty!

This is the last thing I'm going to say hoping to stop the argument - It is not a bad thing if judges judge a little differently. If there's three judges, and one prefers style, the other level use, the third the speed, then it only encourages the good prover to be the best in all 3.

Now I'm with foolish here, if you guys keep arguing I'm just gonna go. I wouldnt feel like judging or playing in a tour like this. So you guys decide.

plum
03-15-2010, 19:48

Tony Himself
| Website
Start it!

Sick, you won't find 16 people, unless you advertise it outside this site.

The size of four children, eh?

I'm sorry I wrote you such a long post. I didn't have time to write a short one.

SicK
03-15-2010, 19:59

Tony Himself

We are not arguing, i didnt say lyst would be bad judge i still think he would fit great for this tour. U think i would argue with judge and then just let him judge. I think lyst has his own view and thats ok. Lyst also knows i always tried to find judges who are all 3 different. 1for style 1 for prov and 1 between and in bys3 we had it and that in bys3 we had only style judges is a lie. Cuz we can go like this -
-sick lets say i judge style
-EJ ofc he judge prov
-Assi he is somewhere in between .

Dont leave tour guys...cmon...it is forum let us discus sometimes...^^eventho i kinda agree it was goin to nowhere i wont agree it was smthing like war...

CHAMP
[Image: image.php?5.61.85.39.png]