Soooooo I'm back (probably)

Esk8
01-20-2010, 07:09

Three-sixty!

Hey guys- sup lyst, wild, plum, shin and to all the others who still remember me from way back, if you remember I came back a few times these past months/years but always too much connection problems, I got it fixed a bit so this should be playable (dont know yet, dont have the game) I'll be installing th3 again and I'll be around there.

Somewhat unrelated: Saw the thingies about the new pro pass, I'd appreciate getting in and being to play with some old homies if that was possible.. Saw the test being xtc, and I'll probably be too rusty for that for a few weeks haha, havent played in years. But you guys can vouch for me, you know my experience and discretion. Though if that poses a problem I don't mind waiting to do the test, it's really up to you guys. anyhow, let me know in a pm if you do decide to grant it to me, otherwise I'll do the test in a few weeks but wont be able to play with you guys till then which would suck Tongue

Anyhow, how's everybody? who's still around? Blaz, Crim? old xT people? 2pac? MyNa? Off the top of my head at 2 am Original Peace

EDIT: In case I am remembered for not showing back in Nov 23, I was not able to make it due to said internet problems Sad sucked.

EDITEDIT: if it works I'll probably also spend time on T2
Quote this message in a reply

bluey
01-20-2010, 08:43

FATALITY

yoooo esk8! Idk if you remember me, i played ur ctf tourney some years ago, and i came to finalOriginal great to see u again! I hope u will play soon th3!! About the oldies: only jam is back for xt and sometimes crim too. Somes few oldschoolers play too sometimes, but not blaz.. Cu soon!

Heart

Lyst
01-20-2010, 09:34

Administrator
| Website
sup esk8!
Don't worry about 23 november, only 20 out of 60 people showed up.
About the password, I can give you an answer to that in a few days, because the testingteams opinions are kinda different on this subject.

Anyway, good to have you back!

Yes, but why is the rum gone?

shin
01-20-2010, 10:04

old.
| Website
yo mate Wink)

lolololololol I do not fucking care and Im gonna pm esk8 and say him new password. you can ban me.

http://pl.youtube.com/user/prozshin

Lyst
01-20-2010, 10:20

Administrator
| Website
your wish is my command Devil
Very stupid, because you didn't know anything yet. Oh and esk8, the thing i said above is still on, there is a list of people who (should) know the password (either passing the test or a free pass), so just getting it from shin doesn't really help.

This might seem weird to you, but the fact is we're trying to build up a good procommunity again, which is working out pretty good. Only there is one guy, shin, who thinks it's cool to say the password to everyone he sees, just to fuck up the whole password. I'd like to give you the password right away, I know your skills well enough. Same goes for blaq and jam. But according to some people it's unfair, that you get the password for free, while others have to do the test. They mostly think, if you're oldschool, you always get the password. Which is bullshit imo, we didn't give everyone the password, because they're oldskool. It's only lame and ashaming to take a test at someone, for who this test is easy like fuck. But yeah, as I said, the team is divided about this subject and since I'm not some god who should make all decisions about thps3, we have to decide with the group of testers. So you will get your answer before friday. I hope you understand this.

And for those who still like to criticize the password, do it properly. If you come up with good arguments why it should disappear or why it should be changed, you have a good chance in succeeding. But just telling the password around, in the hope it fails, just because you don't like it, has got its consequences whether I like(d) you or not.

plum
01-20-2010, 11:08

Tony Himself
| Website
I never liked the idea of new pro password, but now it's getting ridiculous. How come players like Esk8 or blaq not be given it? Esk8 was one of the best ctfer and most respected player when he still played on regular basics. When it comes to blaq it's even worse. I guess most of current 'pros' use transfers that were found by him. I guess the original idea was to prevent servers form noobs, now it's all about passing some test, no matter how good player you are. I've heard that blaq didn't take his test seriously. I hate the idea of letting those 1337 ppl blocking pw. Most of veterans have actually earned old passwords, not just seen in gamespy chat like many of new players. Do you really think that you can divide noobs from pros by stupid xtc test? This is hardly ultimate solution. You guys want to play with good players or just enjoy your 1337 status?

The size of four children, eh?

I'm sorry I wrote you such a long post. I didn't have time to write a short one.

stof
01-20-2010, 12:22

yall Ain't Shit
| Website
(stupid) Got ya back Tongue

sup Es Laugh

spammmmmmm

Lyst
01-20-2010, 12:54

Administrator
| Website
plum Wrote:I never liked the idea of new pro password, but now it's getting ridiculous. How come players like Esk8 or blaq not be given it? Esk8 was one of the best ctfer and most respected player when he still played on regular basics. When it comes to blaq it's even worse. I guess most of current 'pros' use transfers that were found by him. I guess the original idea was to prevent servers form noobs, now it's all about passing some test, no matter how good player you are. I've heard that blaq didn't take his test seriously. I hate the idea of letting those 1337 ppl blocking pw. Most of veterans have actually earned old passwords, not just seen in gamespy chat like many of new players. Do you really think that you can divide noobs from pros by stupid xtc test? This is hardly ultimate solution. You guys want to play with good players or just enjoy your 1337 status?
If it was up to me, everyone for who it's obvious would get the pw, like when the password was created. But also alot of people think it's unfair... I don't get it. So if they do this test with ease and waste both of our time and get it that was is more fair?
But yeah I can't, and I don't want to be the god of thps, so I think you have to respect their opinion too. Besides I never said he won't get it. I'm fighting to get the free passes through, but I can't just go like, fuck the rest, if I want to give free passes I will. We were discussing this since 1-2 days and try to get an agreement (I hope free passes, else we would have even more trouble). So a little patience will help here.
I hope you understand that for us older players it's kinda obvious to give them the pass, while the newer players feel discriminated, because they think they get the password, just because he's oldskool.
And that 1337 status, I think you're totally missing the point there. I share your view on the free passes discussion, but I don't have some kind of veto to decide everything to my likings. When will people finally understand that.
Besides what is 1-2 days?

Edit: I've got a poll running which is over in 24 hours. All members of the testingteam have a vote there. Most votes will be executed.

tasty
01-20-2010, 13:06

Tony Himself

Hai. wb

[Image: wwenexuslogo.gif]

Skater4Life
01-20-2010, 15:14

Tony Himself

the pw is a bad idea indeed, especially after they made the biggest mistake ever.
welcome back btw !

We had guns and drums and drums and guns,
Hurroo Hurroo

And i'm still NO superman