New Password part 2

SicK
01-21-2010, 00:12

Tony Himself

Hey i read some but not every of those new posts and if xtc is such a hard shit then idk. I think xtc test is ok for guys like who are new. So they are excited in even practicing xtc every map spending hours and stuff learnin lines bla bla. BUT CMON do we really need guys to do 7xtc everymap? I think tester shouldnt be really obligated with those rules like 7xtc 5xtz or u just fail. I think he should more base on his experience and game knowledge since those testers are around for some time and are pty active still till these days<at least most of them>. It is like cmon every1 can ve better day and do those 7xtc but in other days he will just suck. For me it is more about being consistance not about doing some records. I want to know my teammate wont fail me after time,he wont get slap when timer bang 0:01,0:00<or bail and say "bug" :mrgreen: >. I just find this 7xtc rule after some time pty useless. Those testers were about to be active while test and decide if this dude is valueable player or not yet,or not at all. What i mean is a bit what esk8 said in 1 post. Few players just deservs pw without doing all this stuff and some doesnt even if they did it<few guys may not understand it but it obv is true,not every1 who knew pro pw was there cuz of skills,sometimes they were just funny guys who every1liked and enjoyed time with them,ofc there were some basics they should know but thesedays "basics" are pty high in this test>.

Btw i didnt know blaq failed test lol. Blaq has even fans here<idk why but he has idc> and i dont think like any1 would be mad if he would know new pw. I mean you meet player like blaz he wants to play<obv for fun with cool guys=pwservers> and u wont give him pw only cuz he cant do 7xtc at this time. We obv need some new ideas in this pro pw project and it is easy to see that few things could be changed for better i guess.

CHAMP
[Image: image.php?5.61.85.39.png]
Quote this message in a reply

wild786
01-21-2010, 03:07

w!Ld

SicK Wrote:Hey i read some but not every of those new posts and if xtc is such a hard shit then idk. I think xtc test is ok for guys like who are new. So they are excited in even practicing xtc every map spending hours and stuff learnin lines bla bla. BUT CMON do we really need guys to do 7xtc everymap? I think tester shouldnt be really obligated with those rules like 7xtc 5xtz or u just fail. I think he should more base on his experience and game knowledge since those testers are around for some time and are pty active still till these days<at least most of them>. It is like cmon every1 can ve better day and do those 7xtc but in other days he will just suck. For me it is more about being consistance not about doing some records. I want to know my teammate wont fail me after time,he wont get slap when timer bang 0:01,0:00<or bail and say "bug" :mrgreen: >. I just find this 7xtc rule after some time pty useless. Those testers were about to be active while test and decide if this dude is valueable player or not yet,or not at all. What i mean is a bit what esk8 said in 1 post. Few players just deservs pw without doing all this stuff and some doesnt even if they did it<few guys may not understand it but it obv is true,not every1 who knew pro pw was there cuz of skills,sometimes they were just funny guys who every1liked and enjoyed time with them,ofc there were some basics they should know but thesedays "basics" are pty high in this test>.

Btw i didnt know blaq failed test lol. Blaq has even fans here<idk why but he has idc> and i dont think like any1 would be mad if he would know new pw. I mean you meet player like blaz he wants to play<obv for fun with cool guys=pwservers> and u wont give him pw only cuz he cant do 7xtc at this time. We obv need some new ideas in this pro pw project and it is easy to see that few things could be changed for better i guess.

thats why the number of times you get to try xtc depends on the tester, hell ive given more than 15 tries before. its true sometimes you have bad day, sometimes bug, but u wont have bug 15 times every single time.

[Image: kisspng-ultimate-mortal-kombat-3-mortal-...219300.png]

SicK
01-21-2010, 13:44

Tony Himself

Why do u even try to discuss here xtc fan boy. It is not about tries. xtc is boring as shit and there are better ways to test if guy will be valueable player. The best would be just using your experience,knowledge and observation how the tested guy is doing in general. I just find xtc test useless.

CHAMP

Lyst
01-21-2010, 13:57

Administrator
| Website
1. Blaq didn't fail any test, he only did a part of the test, because he had to go. He didn't want to wait for the free pass, so he took the test. He passed the things he has done with ease.

2. xtc is the perfect way to show your balance skills and the skills to find/copy a good line for achieving something. We could also have picked TA for this, but it's very easy to cheat on TA and a number of xtc gives a much more clear view about someones comboing skills than 100 mil ta for example. And imo balance and finding lines, whether it is for ta, xtc, xtz or a good way to a zone is important if you want to play good.

Yes, but why is the rum gone?

SicK
01-21-2010, 14:03

Tony Himself

lyst Wrote:finding lines, whether it is for ta, xtc, xtz or a good way to a zone is important if you want to play good.

idk anyplayer who found some good lines and it wasnt old srsly. Every1 just copy all shity lines and follow it jump like noobs on manual and it shows skills? no, sorry. Xtc shits xtz shits and all ta shit playing with 251+ bullshit mod is just about lines. There were a tons of players few years ago and prolly still are who could do 1bil ap and couldnt do 30mil foundry <LOL>. It was cuz they knew line @ap and didnt really know good line @ foundry. It doesnt really show balance skills at all. It just shows if u know good line or not.

CHAMP

Lyst
01-21-2010, 14:08

Administrator
| Website
That's why it's a random level, you need to know the lines in every level and without any balance skill, you won't get 7 xtc. Because I've seen people fail many times, even if they used a good line.

plum
01-21-2010, 19:36

Tony Himself
| Website
lyst Wrote:That's why it's a random level, you need to know the lines in every level and without any balance skill, you won't get 7 xtc. Because I've seen people fail many times, even if they used a good line.
It's xtc test, since you need to know lines in levels that are played 3 times a year like canada or skater island..

Anyway I said that before and I will say it again.. Originally we wanted to play with good players, have no noobs in servers. I don't see why someone should feel bad when good player get pw without test. Frankly I think we don't need test at all. We should just give password to people who can play, who we can trust, who have friendly attitude. The password is going to leak anyway. It leaked few times, so testing doesn't prevent it. So far we have one angry American, player who created this scene was banned, one who (many agrees) deserve to know pw, was illegally told it and had to say that he won't use and another one who had big influence on current playing style who doesn't know it, bc it's not fair for those who passed test (do they really feel like this is unfair, tell me). We wanted to get rid of one issue and we just created another problem. The pw should be given to people who we want to play with, w/o any tests. So if someone wants to get it should play with us, learn some skills, be nice. We can have some sort of test for someone who feel that he deserves it, but it should not be the only way to get it. Pw is still going to leak, it always did and will leak. You can't help it.

\it's only game it doesn't need to be so formal. :Original

The size of four children, eh?

I'm sorry I wrote you such a long post. I didn't have time to write a short one.

Esk8
01-21-2010, 21:04

Three-sixty!

See I have a problem, earlier I looked and Lyst was hosting (still is as I type this), and I felt like playing with you guys and even though I had the pw I said I wouldnt use it so I didnt - but I missed out on probably some great fun Tongue

Oh and plum, that's pretty much what I was trying to say Original hope to hang out with you soon

Lyst
01-21-2010, 21:40

Administrator
| Website
Define people we want to play with please.
Because that's what people attack me on in the first place.
That I/We want to create a community with people we like.

plum
01-21-2010, 22:21

Tony Himself
| Website
You got a right point. The oldest password t was actually clan password. I assume people from tXo wanted their friends to play with them. So it was tXo&friends. Later it's perfect example of snowball effect. At the end clan became inactive, so it was and is just &friends Wink .

I next part of my post I will bring this discussion to absurd level.

In 2005 or 6 on blu clan forums we wanted to exclude (we didn't want to play with) some certain group of players (mainly one clan called WS IIRC). So we made a list of all pros. We were never able to complete that list for obvious reason (thps scene is too big with its history).

As I see we are unable to set new password bc there are different people and everyone got its own opinion about who should and who shouldn't be allowed, we are never going to come with one final conclusion regarding new pass.

If I'm allowed to my opinion I will say that we don't need new pass. At least 90% of regularly playing people who knows t/d pw are nice, friendly people. There about 10% of new players who are unknown quality (if I can call it like that). Some have nice attitude, may become good players in the future. There are also nerds who are rushing servers, but I don't think this is big problem now. It's better not to split community bc of the 10% (even bc of 25%). It's not worth that. THPS3 needs new players all the time, otherwise it will die soon. We should have some bigger discussion about it or poll whether we need new pw.

Cheers

The size of four children, eh?

I'm sorry I wrote you such a long post. I didn't have time to write a short one.