New Password part 2

Duckman
01-07-2010, 16:05

Three-sixty!

plum Wrote:
plum Wrote:xtc is fun
FUCK YOU
WTF.

I think the we all have to agree to disagree because this topic is going nowhere. We all have different ideas of what being a "pro" is supposed to be.
So either test EVERY key area of gameplay or (I don't think this has been suggested before) create different "ranks" for players. Once a player reaches a certain level in a skill, they can be tested, and subsequently called "pro" in that area. For example, CZ Pro, XTC Pro, TA Pro, KOTH Pro (call them and make them what you want), whatever; a lot of those would overlap though.

It seems clear to me that the password itself is not the issue, it's having the pride and dignity of being able to give yourself the illustrious rank of PRO, and the new password denotes that. Everyone wants it, whether you can admit it or not, but some people direct their considerable talent into different areas. Would it be so bad to create different ranks on chapter 3? Sure, it might cause some "class issues", but it would give everyone something to work towards, which could encourage participation in general.

Just an idea ==Original

QUAK.
Quote this message in a reply

Lyst
01-07-2010, 17:23

Administrator
| Website
The requirements don't ask you to be a champ in every aspect of the game.
It's a minimum lol and we already test every aspect of the game. But because it would be too much to test, we chose to pick the most important stuff of every game and combine them to the tests we have now.

The test is there so there is a minimum you can expect from the players in your server, in every game that is.

Yes, but why is the rum gone?

Duckman
01-07-2010, 17:41

Three-sixty!

lyst Wrote:The requirements don't ask you to be a champ in every aspect of the game.
I didn't suggest otherwise

lyst Wrote:we already test every aspect of the game.
Which seems to be at the root of all the arguments. This password thing's been going for seven months and has had little effect to be honest. By the way was it supposed be, in a way, an eventual replacement for t..? Or just an option.

QUAK.

Lyst
01-07-2010, 17:44

Administrator
| Website
It should live next to todger, for the pros to play proper games. And that works Wink

plum
01-07-2010, 17:45

Tony Himself
| Website
Duckman Wrote:
plum Wrote:
plum Wrote:xtc is fun
FUCK YOU
WTF.
I wanted to say that not everyone likes or play some games.

It's not like player who can't do 7 xtc has bad balance. You don't know how good balance you need in TA or even Graff when you tag other players objects, miss your tags, build decent base at the same time and you can not bail that combo. It's not just whoring already planned line. That's hardly balance test.

The real question is whether this pw is meant for people who can play some certain games or who are are 'pros' in general? For me such a people like nihilism, stof, ytf etc. should know that pw by default. They are all very good at other games (TA, Graff). However if you it's only for cz/koth/ctf players than I have no problem with that.

edit it looks like you already answered my question. So don't call it propw. This may be misleading.

The size of four children, eh?

I'm sorry I wrote you such a long post. I didn't have time to write a short one.

Lyst
01-07-2010, 17:51

Administrator
| Website
lyst Wrote:It should live next to todger, for the pros to play proper games. And that works Wink

plum
01-07-2010, 18:00

Tony Himself
| Website
lyst Wrote:
lyst Wrote:It should live next to todger, for the pros to play proper games. And that works Wink
Ohmy

:oops:

The size of four children, eh?

I'm sorry I wrote you such a long post. I didn't have time to write a short one.

manu
01-07-2010, 19:01

Three-sixty!
| Website
my opinion to new pro pw is so:
1. Yesderday it was first time I play at a server who host with it.( not often)

2. VERY MORE IMPORTANT these game i played at this server were very very good, cos like Lyst said u have a good team member.
So i think it is a good idea.

And to the test:
Test is ok i think. xtz for Slap, TA, Graff, and ctf(xtc), Keep away,
cz: for cz(sure) AND i think for ctf too(cos i think if ur good at cz, u cant suck at ctf cos u play all)
koth : for koth (sure)

Manu

Watch out!
[Image: tiktok.gif]

Shizz
01-13-2010, 20:48

It's Rodney!

It's Quiet.

Maybe we're still searching bout what manu means :geek:

bout the combo/balance disscusion
idk whats wrong with 7xtc ... Ohmy it is important that u have good balance. So why not? i think the test is perfect
so im with lyst's opinion.

Those who do not learn history, are doomed to repeat it.

ShiFty
01-13-2010, 20:58

Three-sixty!

Pluto Wrote:It's Quiet.

Maybe we're still searching bout what manu means :geek:

bout the combo/balance disscusion
idk whats wrong with 7xtc ... Ohmy it is important that u have good balance. So why not? i think the test is perfect
so im with lyst's opinion.

loled.

sk or die!