Stick-it #40

plum
02-17-2009, 23:58

Tony Himself
| Website
This GT would have pwnd if you had disabled reverts.

The size of four children, eh?

I'm sorry I wrote you such a long post. I didn't have time to write a short one.
Quote this message in a reply

plum
02-18-2009, 00:45

Tony Himself
| Website
I don't know if it counts.. :/ :/
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=f9590edbf64eea60c2b435915e8821d75cb2a58d827bdf2ece018c8114394287">http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=f959 ... 8114394287</a><!-- m -->

edit:
I've just realized that it's not 1 combo :/
edit2: I suck

I'm sorry I wrote you such a long post. I didn't have time to write a short one.

Lyst
02-18-2009, 10:47

Administrator
| Website
t4Sty Wrote:
Figy Wrote:Hey Laugh I've done the stick it
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.eps-clan.com/videos/stickit40.wmv">http://www.eps-clan.com/videos/stickit40.wmv</a><!-- m -->
:mrgreen:
Pretty easy. :ugeek:
Easy, maybe
Lucky, maybe
But he did win this stick-it, since he only uses 3 tags.
The graveyard does not contain any tags.
So he tagged both pipes and the ledge/fence.
Foolish: pipe, rail between pipes, fence, ledge/fence = 4
Fatguy: pipe + rail between pipes, pipe, ledge/fence = 4

I agree it's kinda lame, but ryker didn't think of it when he made this stick-it.
And it's good to see that anyone can win a stick-it, hopefully this will make more new people enter.

Yes, but why is the rum gone?

SicK
02-18-2009, 10:58

Tony Himself

lol'ed :lol: Ofc i don't care easy or not easy. He is new and he won. You can call it beginners luck but also you have to remember that you won't win if u won't try. Just commenting others <sometimes>hard work with not doing anything yourself is indeed EASY. Try yourself and don't comment others with stupid posts.

If this what lyst wrote is true really gj Figy. Also it shows that i was right and rule with tags sux Tongue

CHAMP
[Image: image.php?5.61.85.39.png]

Lyst
02-18-2009, 11:07

Administrator
| Website
I knew people would say the rule sucks.
But if you have a new rule, but you rather stick to the old way, then it's not the rule to blame.
It was the stick-it, which didn't have tags in half of the line.
It's like saying, my way was the most sexiest, this rule sucks.
No the goal was shortest way, like fatguy told me on msn you have shortest and fastest.
Shortest is about lines, fastest is about time. This was shortest way.
How to measure the shortest line? The number of objects.
How to count the number of objects? Yes, tags.
I can't see a more objective way to judge these stick-its.
And at least these stick-it's had a normal beginning and a normal ending.
No cutoff of the first 3 secs etc.

RyKbitcher
02-18-2009, 12:05

What? 180!?

idc about all Laugh
i will never ever do again 'shortest way' and thats it Laugh
very very big congratz to figy!
i hope you will go on like this and if you do youll become pro soon!
gj figy make new one!

[color=#FF0000]
HAPPY NU(DE) YEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
WE HAVE A NEW FREAKING VIDEO HAHAHAHA

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="">(linkdidntwork)</a><!-- m -->
TAKE THIS 2011!!

EDIT: I'll leave it like this for nostalgic boner reasons.

plum
02-18-2009, 13:00

Tony Himself
| Website
lyst Wrote:I knew people would say the rule sucks.
Yes.
But if you have a new rule, but you rather stick to the old way, then it's not the rule to blame.
It was the stick-it, which didn't have tags in half of the line.
It's like saying, my way was the most sexiest, this rule sucks.
No the goal was shortest way, like fatguy told me on msn you have shortest and fastest.
Shortest is about lines, fastest is about time. This was shortest way.
How to measure the shortest line? The number of objects.
No. It's about lenght. In most cases shortest line= fastest line. I have no idea why are you against this rule. THPS3 tags are pretty much fucked up i.e. graveyard
How to count the number of objects? Yes, tags.
I can't see a more objective way to judge these stick-its.
And at least these stick-it's had a normal beginning and a normal ending.
No cutoff of the first 3 secs etc.
This is no problem. The video lenght doesn't really matter. There were some morons on thlive who thought that 0,03 shorter video wins, but it's rubbish. You should count time since the begining of the combo till end and only seconds not any 0,XX matter. If two or more persons get the same time, the one whose entry came first will win the challenge. Example:if A got 17:68 then B got 17:03, A wins.

Lyst
02-18-2009, 13:25

Administrator
| Website
Shortest is not Fastest.
Tell your navigationsystem to take the shortest way, it doesn't have to be the fastest.
Maybe you missed the whole argument why we introduced this rule.
First Juice made a shortest line in LA, next Rey copies his line and cuts off the first seconds and last seconds so the video is shorter. Ok you say pick when he starts and when he ends, is that when he hits the first target + last target, is it when he starts his combo and ends his combo or is it when he leaves the first target and leaves the second target? This can already differ 2-3 seconds. Let's say we take one of these as a rule, then what happens now is people will copy the line just to do a rever 1 m earlier or get on full speed faster. In fact the line is almost exactly the same. When is some line copied, and when not? Ryker said: if 90% of the lien is the same, what if it's 85%, can you see the difference between both? No. It's about the line you take, and to stimulate people to be as creative as possible, we don't want them to copy full lines just to make it 1 second shorter. The previous 2 shortest way stick-it's ended in an argument. Only because it was about time and copying. You can't judge runs objectively when it comes to time. You can't say that run was 90% the same. Because when someone else says it's not. Which fact would you consider to solve this disagreement. Ryker didn't know about this rule when he made this stick-it, otherwise he would have known that there are no tags in the graveyard. And the graveyard is one of the few spots in thps3 where there are no tags.
In the end it's all about the line you pick, not about how fast you can grind or how good you can spin. That's why it's called shortest way and not fastest.
And once again shortest = number of objects = tags. Even if some object can't be tagged, because otherwise you would have the problem what is an object and what not.

plum
02-18-2009, 14:19

Tony Himself
| Website
lyst Wrote:Shortest is not Fastest.
Tell your navigationsystem to take the shortest way, it doesn't have to be the fastest.
Maybe you missed the whole argument why we introduced this rule.
First Juice made a shortest line in LA, next Rey copies his line and cuts off the first seconds and last seconds so the video is shorter. Ok you say pick when he starts and when he ends, is that when he hits the first target + last target, is it when he starts his combo and ends his combo or is it when he leaves the first target and leaves the second target? This can already differ 2-3 seconds. Let's say we take one of these as a rule, then what happens now is people will copy the line just to do a rever 1 m earlier or get on full speed faster. In fact the line is almost exactly the same. When is some line copied, and when not? Ryker said: if 90% of the lien is the same, what if it's 85%, can you see the difference between both? No. It's about the line you take, and to stimulate people to be as creative as possible, we don't want them to copy full lines just to make it 1 second shorter. The previous 2 shortest way stick-it's ended in an argument. Only because it was about time and copying. You can't judge runs objectively when it comes to time. You can't say that run was 90% the same. Because when someone else says it's not. Which fact would you consider to solve this disagreement. Ryker didn't know about this rule when he made this stick-it, otherwise he would have known that there are no tags in the graveyard. And the graveyard is one of the few spots in thps3 where there are no tags.
In the end it's all about the line you pick, not about how fast you can grind or how good you can spin. That's why it's called shortest way and not fastest.
And once again shortest = number of objects = tags. Even if some object can't be tagged, because otherwise you would have the problem what is an object and what not.
I think you are missing the idea of the shortest way. It's about finding shortest way but also finding slightly improvents in line. As long as it is not 100% the same everyting is ok. It's not about (what I highlighted) getting speed faster so you gain 0,4 sec, however if you grind one rail very slowly and your rival do it much better you lose.

I still dont get your point about editing videos. If video is missing start or end entry is invalid. As I said time counts since start of the combo till end of challnge/last object/combo, depends how end is defined. No video lenght.

BTW can you tell me which one was that LA gt?

Lyst
02-18-2009, 14:33

Administrator
| Website
LA shortest way:
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.chapter-3.net/thps3/site/distribution/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=222">viewtopic.php?f=16&t=222</a><!-- l -->
Canada shortest way:
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.chapter-3.net/thps3/site/distribution/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=250">viewtopic.php?f=16&t=250</a><!-- l -->

And imo stick-it's are about creativity, not about improving someone else' line.