KOTH with teams

imnofun
07-31-2015, 23:41 (This post was last modified: 08-01-2015 00:05 by imnofun.)

Proskater

So I thought, wouldn't it be interesting to play KOTH or slap with teams? So I've tested it out by adding the red highlighted in gameflow. It works fine, no crashes, able to play with others without the script.
Quote:#00373 IF GameModeEquals is_king
#00375 SpawnCrown
#00393 SetTeamMode 1
#00376 SpawnCompass
But I would like to create this gametype as an alternative, so the host will be able to choose if he'd like to play King of the Hill or Kings of the Hill, so I've erased my previous change and added the following:
Quote:#00373 IF GameModeChecksumEquals netkingteams
#00375 SpawnCrown
#00393 SetTeamMode 1
#00376 SpawnCompass
^Different IF form and checksum, otherwise it wouldn't want to set teams or would set teams to every gametype including freeskate, ctf/cz strings are written the same way.
I added the red to gamemode:
Quote: STRUCT{
name = "King of the Hill"
checksum = netking
definition = "mode_netking"
}
STRUCT{
name = "Kings of the Hill"
checksum = netkingteams
definition = "mode_netkingteams"
+ duplicated the original below and adjusted:
Quote:#00478 mode_netkingteams = STRUCT{
name = netkingteams
initial_players = 1
max_players = 32
time_limit_type = config
default_time_limit = 0
victory_condition_type = config
accumulate_score = 1
track_trick_score = 0
degrade_score = 1
is_lobby = 0
is_frontend = 0
screenmode = single
victory_conditions = ARRAY(

STRUCT{
type = target_score
score = 120000
}

)
should_run_intro_camera = 0
should_run_intro_camera_noncd = 0
show_ranking_screen = 1
is_career = 0
is_singlesession = 0
is_parkeditor = 0
should_modulate_color = 0
is_horse = 0
is_king = 1
is_trick_attack = 0
show_leader_messages = 1
timer_beeps = 0
teamplay_type = fixed
is_teamplay = 1
}
Now that I've done that, I've also added the option to choose this gametype in gameoptions and netmenu. That works fine so need to explain that.

Testing out = no go
I'm able to start "Kings of the Hills", teams work, the crown spawns(but the arrow doesn't), but.. but you can't grab it/there is no objective, you can't do anything, the timer starts running in the middle of the screen like you'd be playin' TA, but without the possibility to score any points what so ever Mad gameflow is obviously linked(partially) to gamemode, because when I change for example netkingteams to netkingteam in gameflow and I start "Kings of the Hills" it starts a game without creating teams, objective, crown(because gameflow doesn't recognize gamemode running checksum netkingteams anymore). I've also tried replacing the above with the CTF text(ofcourse checksum was updated), but it had no effect. Now should the duplicated objective/text in gamemode be OK right, as it worked initially. What am I missing?

it's narkotic, but with an x.
Quote this message in a reply

KnOizx
08-01-2015, 01:12

Skater

(07-31-2015 23:41)imnofun Wrote:  So I thought, wouldn't it be interesting to play KOTH or slap with teams? So I've tested it out by adding the red highlighted in gameflow. It works fine, no crashes, able to play with others without the script.
Quote:#00373 IF GameModeEquals is_king
#00375 SpawnCrown
#00393 SetTeamMode 1
#00376 SpawnCompass
But I would like to create this gametype as an alternative, so the host will be able to choose if he'd like to play King of the Hill or Kings of the Hill, so I've erased my previous change and added the following:
Quote:#00373 IF GameModeChecksumEquals netkingteams
#00375 SpawnCrown
#00393 SetTeamMode 1
#00376 SpawnCompass
^Different IF form and checksum, otherwise it wouldn't want to set teams or would set teams to every gametype including freeskate, ctf/cz strings are written the same way.
I added the red to gamemode:
name = "King of the Hill"
checksum = netking
definition = "mode_netking"
}
STRUCT{
name = "Kings of the Hill"
checksum = netkingteams
definition = "mode_netkingteams"
+ duplicated the original below and adjusted:
Quote:#00478 mode_netkingteams = STRUCT{
name = netkingteams
initial_players = 1
max_players = 32
time_limit_type = config
default_time_limit = 0
victory_condition_type = config
accumulate_score = 1
track_trick_score = 0
degrade_score = 1
is_lobby = 0
is_frontend = 0
screenmode = single
victory_conditions = ARRAY(

STRUCT{
type = target_score
score = 120000
}

)
should_run_intro_camera = 0
should_run_intro_camera_noncd = 0
show_ranking_screen = 1
is_career = 0
is_singlesession = 0
is_parkeditor = 0
should_modulate_color = 0
is_horse = 0
is_king = 1
is_trick_attack = 0
show_leader_messages = 1
timer_beeps = 0
teamplay_type = fixed
is_teamplay = 1
}
Now that I've done that, I've also added the option to choose this gametype in gameoptions and netmenu. That works fine so need to explain that.

Testing out = no go
I'm able to start "Kings of the Hills", teams work, the crown spawns(but the arrow doesn't), but.. but you can't grab it/there is no objective, you can't do anything, the timer starts running in the middle of the screen like you'd be playin' TA, but without the possibility to score any points what so ever Mad gameflow is obviously linked(partially) to gamemode, because when I change for example netkingteams to netkingteam in gameflow and I start "Kings of the Hills" it starts a game without creating teams, objective, crown(because gameflow doesn't recognize gamemode running checksum netkingteams anymore). I've also tried replacing the above with the CTF text(ofcourse checksum was updated), but it had no effect. Now should the duplicated objective/text in gamemode be OK right, as it worked initially. What am I missing?

its a good idea to
we gotta enjoy those kothteams
and whens done?? can we help u in somee?

wild786
08-01-2015, 06:31

w!Ld

team koth sounds like a great idea but yeah no idea bout all the stuff u needa to do to get it working

[Image: kisspng-ultimate-mortal-kombat-3-mortal-...219300.png]

imnofun
08-01-2015, 12:07

Proskater

@knoizx
Who are you Tongue I never seen you online on TH3, I think?

It seems I most likely am missing a .qb that is linked to the games. I'll try to browse the files(again) to see. I also tried changing the values around, as I was getting annoyed, which caused skater3.exe to crash and I received some error regarding it memory reading. Perhaps I'm missing something in there, I'll try browsing it with thqb editor/hex editor to see if that might be the cause, unless someone else could suggest another tool for this?

The issue is when you add new game types, so I'd be able to replace Keep-Away with Kings of the Hil, but the question is if you peeps are ready to give up Keep-Away for this change?

+ could someone share with me the following scripts if you have LevelMod 4.2 installed, I accidentally overwritten some of my backups:
gameflow.qb gamemode.qb gameoptions.qb netmenu.qb

Thanks

imnofun
08-01-2015, 13:53

Proskater

Attempted to chang KA to KOTH with teams, so I've changed beachball to crown and added teams in gameflow, result: I was able to play KA with the crown in teams.
Attempt 2: copy data from KOTH entry to KA entry in gamemode, result: objective is lost, but teams/crown/arrow still spawn.
So most likely I'm missing some text or a .qb file that needs to be changed aswell. The graf 32 fix included the file "setting" without extension, stored in your THPS3 folder, anybody knows how to open this file, or what it original extension is? Vadru must know, but I don't have any contact details Sad
Investigating skater3.exe with hex editor is definitely a no go for me

Pinky thps3
08-01-2015, 14:49

Magic Bum
| Website

I fully understand that this does not belong to this post

it would be possible to do something?

a mode in which players enter a blue team and a red team player

when you make a slap on the red player against any of the blue players respawn is generated and said blue player to change to red
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
comprendo perfectamente que esto no pertenece a este post

seria posible hacer algo asi?

un modo en el que los jugadores entren a un equipo azul y un jugador al equipo rojo

al momento de hacer un slap por el jugador rojo contra alguno de los jugadores azul se genere un respawn y dicho jugador azul cambie al color rojo

https://www.youtube.com/user/thps3clan

imnofun
08-01-2015, 15:11

Proskater

(08-01-2015 14:49)Pinky thps3 Wrote:  

I fully understand that this does not belong to this post

it would be possible to do something?

a mode in which players enter a blue team and a red team player

when you make a slap on the red player against any of the blue players respawn is generated and said blue player to change to red
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
comprendo perfectamente que esto no pertenece a este post

seria posible hacer algo asi?

un modo en el que los jugadores entren a un equipo azul y un jugador al equipo rojo

al momento de hacer un slap por el jugador rojo contra alguno de los jugadores azul se genere un respawn y dicho jugador azul cambie al color rojo
Well Pinky, the general issue is we can't create a additional gamemode, but if we managed that, we could create zombie mode. You could create and expection in the script with triggers to change team, but it wouldn't be really easy to navigate the place to put it. Also, I'm a simple IT associate, not a code writer Tongue

But like I first said, we need to find the .qb file(atleast, I think that is what I'm missing) that describes game mode/objective defenitions, like "crown", "king" or even "ctf". After we'll find these files, we could duplicate the objective for additional checksums like "netkingteams". If we succeed with this, we could create additional games like Graffiti-combo only, slap or graff w/ teams easily

While I'm at it, I also looked on your request to change the balance circles of your HUD, unfortunately I couldn't find anything specific, but it's most like in one of the .qb written like this(r for red, b for blue and etc. or different, found this example in lights.qb):
r 100
b 0
g 0
So by default it's coded to be red. You could make the .png blue, which will mix with the .qb and turn the circles greenish

KnOizx
08-01-2015, 20:07

Skater

yu can edit ctf or cz for koth team, ye bt without deleting those games"c ctf" Tongue idk if u understand me Laugh

imnofun
08-02-2015, 02:29 (This post was last modified: 08-02-2015 02:52 by imnofun.)

Proskater

At this moment, I can only make existing games free-for-all or team based.
I've copied the scripts folder to my desktop and investigated the .qb files(prior to deleting all the not relevant files like tricks and peds to keep track of my progress), unfortunately it doesn't seem it's there where I need to be looking.
The most relevant thing I found were these unkown definitions in edpieces.qb:
name = Sk3Ed_Rs_KOTH
set = Restarts
text_name = 'King of the Hill Crown Start'
special_type = king_of_hill
}
There were also 2 scripts I couldn't open, bdj_goalscript (1kB) and cpf_script(111kB, which is quite big compared to others), the resolution might be in there or might not

I've tried adding "netkingteams" string in skate3.exe, right after "king" and "netking", but after this change I couldn't start thps3 anymore.

As I have no more clue what I can try next, I'm done with this mod for now

(08-01-2015 06:31)wild786 Wrote:  team koth sounds like a great idea but yeah no idea bout all the stuff u needa to do to get it working
Actually, you know how to make trainers, right?
Would you be able to make a trainer out of 1 or 2 .qb's, one including teams and one vanilla?

stof
08-02-2015, 08:25

yall Ain't Shit
| Website
Quote:Attempt 2: copy data from KOTH entry to KA entry in gamemode, result: objective is lost, but teams/crown/arrow still spawn.
Pretty sure it's not it but couldn't itbe as simple as renaming the koth game stuff the same as KA. And then copy it's data?
Just thinking out loud lol I can't even hax my nickname

spammmmmmm