The End?

Lyst
02-27-2014, 17:06 (This post was last modified: 02-27-2014 17:09 by Lyst.)

Administrator
| Website
I've had the honor to host the platforms for the THPS3 community for the past eight years (in the beginnging with some help of Tyrant). Starting with the bluclan.tk and thcclan.tk, getting our first paid .be domain, followed by 46thps.net, thps3-community and for the past five years it has been known as chapter-3.net. I have always done this with a lot of commitment and I enjoyed being part of every single community.

But now I pretty much lost that commitment; my interest in the game already dropped during the past few years and my keyboard gave the final blow. It doesn't support more than 2 or 3 keys being simultaniously pressed, so I have to hook up my old keyboard every time I want to play, which makes the threshold just a little bit too big. I also barely check the forum anymore, only to handle the reports and PM's.

Somewhere around May/June I have to decide whether or not to extend the contract with the webhosting provider for another year. But I'm kind of sick of my webhost being so slow as I want to experiment on music suggestions, which demands a lot of performance from the server. Therefore I will have to move to another webhost, meaning everything including this website has to be transferred. But as I pretty much lost all my interest in THPS3, I don't want to put my energy in that and I don't think it would be the right thing to do either. Therefore this website will be no more around the beginning of June.

But before we all get sad, there is ofcourse the possibility for someone to continue this community. This implies that you'd need your own webhost and the knowledge required to run this software on it. I don't need the chapter-3.net domain anymore, so I'm willing to transfer it to the new webhost and it's owner. I paid 20 euro's a year for the webhost and 7-8 euro's per year for the chapter-3.net domain, so it is not really that expensive. I can also provide you with the database content containing all the topics, posts, users etc. as well as the website code if needed. And most importantly you still need to have the commitment with this game and community. There are still a little over 3 months left, so those who do please think about it as it would be sad if this community ends to exists after May.

Yes, but why is the rum gone?
Quote this message in a reply

Faith
02-27-2014, 19:44

Tony Himself

Well, this day had to come one day. I hope someone with software knowlegde is willing to continue the website's existence Sad
Big shout out to lyst! Ofc I understand your decision.
The years of playing with you where awesome. Dont be lazy to put once a year effort in getting your other keyboard so we can play again Tongue
Will cya around!

wild786
02-27-2014, 19:55

w!Ld

well this sucks..

[Image: kisspng-ultimate-mortal-kombat-3-mortal-...219300.png]

KnOizx
02-27-2014, 19:57

Skater

omfg :cry:

plum
02-27-2014, 21:08

Tony Himself
| Website
That sucks Sad

Good luck with other things lyst! Original

The size of four children, eh?

I'm sorry I wrote you such a long post. I didn't have time to write a short one.

Demo
02-28-2014, 10:12

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
| Website
contact krad and thpsx team, maybe they could host it.

-
Youtube Channel | THPS2 Cumulative Patch | THPS3 LevelMod | THPS3 Project 512x | Tony Hawk's Games Wiki
-

Faith
03-02-2014, 13:34

Tony Himself

(02-28-2014 10:12)Demo Wrote:  contact krad and thpsx team, maybe they could host it.

that would be great ye

Faith
03-02-2014, 16:09

Tony Himself

demo you do it Laugh all put in 0.5 dollar and its done Tongue need only a person willing to run webhost on his pc

wild786
03-02-2014, 18:52

w!Ld

(03-02-2014 16:09)Faith Wrote:  demo you do it Laugh all put in 0.5 dollar and its done Tongue need only a person willing to run webhost on his pc

how much $ do we need exactly?

[Image: kisspng-ultimate-mortal-kombat-3-mortal-...219300.png]

Faith
03-02-2014, 20:51

Tony Himself

(02-27-2014 17:06)Lyst Wrote:  I paid 20 euro's a year for the webhost and 7-8 euro's per year for the chapter-3.net domain, so it is not really that expensive.

i guess 27 or 28 dollars a year, and someone willing to run webhost