Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
[THPS3] Level Out 2.9 (28/1/2012) - Printable Version

+- Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 (http://www.chapter-3.net/thps3/v2)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=182)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/forumdisplay.php?fid=190)
+--- Thread: [THPS3] Level Out 2.9 (28/1/2012) (/showthread.php?tid=3169)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

[THPS3] Level Out 2.9 (28/1/2012) - coolsnake - 12-28-2011 16:17

Introduction

This started with an attempt to add a level out feature to THPS3.
It ended up being a massive gameplay overhaul with better gameplay mechanics, new tricks and lots of bugfixes.

What is leveling out?

It was added in THPS4 and allows you to "level out" after you go up a quarter pipe so that you don't bail when you hit the ground next to the QP.
When used while still over the QP you'll land on the rail.

Features

- Able to Level out while doing a trick in a Quarterpipe
- Ksk's flips and rolls can be seen when done in a QP now
- Replaced Ksk's Wallieplant with real Wallieplant from THPS4
- Dropdown more responsive and bug free
- Spine Transfer when there is a QP directly after the QP you launched off
- Lots of bugfixes, including BW manual fix
- Changes the sound of "hidden combo" or the trick tweaking sound to the one found in THPS4 and later.
- Massive Trick Overhaul
- 40 new tricks from THPS1,THPS2 + new ones (temporary removed)
- More responsive doubletap grabtrick/fliptrick system

Trick Overhaul Details

Made doubletap tricks for certain flip- and grabtricks:
fingerflip -> double fingerflip
frontfoot impossible -> double frontfoot impossible
ollie airwalk -> ollie airwalk late shove-it
ollie north -> ollie north backfoot flip

cannonball -> cannonball fingerflip
tailgrab -> One foot tailgrab

Since there was no decent way to make a 360 inward heelflip, I just used a standard 360 heelflip
inward heelflip -> 360 heelflip

Trickspeed, trickslack, score now resembles those of THPS4.

I unlocked next to all skater specific special tricks. e.g The Beserker, Claw Punch, Panhandling

Kickflip to Crail/Indy/Melon can be hold like real grabs now.

Install Instructions

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE KSK MOD 1.3 INSTALLED BEFORE INSTALLING THIS

Unzip the "Sounds" and "Scripts" map into the THPS3/Data folder.
Be sure to backup your TH313 folder.

Note that using any of the extra tricks can crash a person's game when he
doesn't have my mod installed.

Therefore I also provided my mod without any extra tricks.

Download
Last updated on 28/1/2012
[attachment=1]
levelout2.9.zip

FOR PEOPLE THAT DON'T USE MY MOD

If you don't use my mod and don't want to get crashed by it, unzip the following file into your THPS3/Data folder. last updated 31/1/2012
[attachment=0]
FordefaultTHPS3players1.1.zip

Then add the following two lines to the END of your qdir.txt file
Code:
TH313\skater_m_ksktricks.qb
TH313\skater_m.qb

This will also protect you against crashes from people using Ksk's 1.3 mod.

Controls

- Nollie Stance / "L2" to level out
- Switch / "R2" is still used for Ksk's flips and rolls

Side Effects

- When doing a grab, the grab ends while leveling out
- able to to grind rail of qp when doing a flip/roll in QP (consider this a feature)
- rotating camera positions when doing flips and rolls in QP
- rotating camera positions when doing Indy Backflip/Yeehaw Frontflip in QP
- levelout is buggy when used in conjunction with flips and rolls
- lose all of momentum when using levelout/flips and rolls in qp

Changelog 2.8 (26/1/2012)
- Fixed BW manual bug
- Replaced Ksk's wallieplant with real wallieplant from THPS4
- fixed inconsistency with doubletap fliptricks(more responsive now)
- fixed Ksk's delay in dropdown when in QP
- fixed Ksk's Dropdown not working correctly all the time
- Dropdown works on special grinds too now
- tweaked 1-2-3-4 trickspeed
- Added 40 extra tricks (From THPS1,THPS2 + new ones)
- Matched scores and tricknames from older games
- Fixed graphical glitch with Visiting Home for skater that are not Demoness
- Added Visiting Home manual to tricklist
- roughly ordered the tricks alphabetically

Changelog 2.8 rev1.0 (27/1/2012)
- Changed 360 Flip to Mute/Varial Heelflip Judo back to Fliptricks
- Fixed grind loop animations

Changelog 2.9 (28/1/2012)
- Temporary removed new tricks to fix bug
- Fixed server crashing bug in THPS3 1.3

Check the readme file for the other change logs.

Contact

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:coolsnake@fast-email.com">coolsnake@fast-email.com</a><!-- e -->

Re: [THPS3] Level Out feature for THPS 1.3 - wild786 - 12-28-2011 16:33

nice but i liked the weird wallieplant Ohmy

Re: [THPS3] Level Out feature for THPS 1.3 - Day - 12-31-2011 15:48

cool! but this is haxxish

Re: [THPS3] Level Out 1.7.3 for THPS 1.3 (1/1/2012) - coolsnake - 01-01-2012 11:17

Hm do you mean in how it works? I'm actually surprised that I got it working as smoothly as I did. It doesn't have the exact same functionality as in the later games but it does come close.

I can agree with the crude fix for Ksk's flips and rolls in quarterpipes though. Camera angles are a bit wonky but it's the best I've been able to get with the tools that I got.

I uploaded Level Out 1.7.3 now.
"Crook Bigspin Switch FS Crook" was broken in THPS 1.3 for some very odd reason, didn't have anything to do with my levelout mod. Fixed it.

Re: [THPS3] Level Out 1.7.3 for THPS3 1.3 (1/1/2012) - Lyst - 01-01-2012 11:45

He means 1.3 is considered cheating, because it gives advantages in games like CTF, Koth and CZ which are the most played games in thps3, in stead of improv.

Re: [THPS3] Level Out 1.7.3 for THPS3 1.3 (1/1/2012) - coolsnake - 01-02-2012 22:22

Oh, true. That's the downside of being able to edit a game's source code I guess.

I'm adding additional content besides just the level out feature.
Here's a teaser of what I've been working on.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnejxd_teaser_videogames">http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnejXd ... videogames</a><!-- m -->

Re: [THPS3] Level Out 1.7.3 for THPS3 1.3 (1/1/2012) - Demo - 01-03-2012 18:07

coolsnake Wrote:I'm adding additional content besides just the level out feature.
Here's a teaser of what I've been working on.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnejxd_teaser_videogames">http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnejXd ... videogames</a><!-- m -->
Good job, really. I was surprised with spine transfer Original btw there is one in skater island, should work too.

Double fingerflip is it just 2 fingerflips in a row? it's nice idea to add tricks that appeared in newer games. but in order it to work you shouldnt add new animation, or it'll crash Tongue

btw you can add ollie airwalk late shove-it and ollie north backfoot flip. it will require to combine 2 flips.
1st one - ollie airwalk + fs shove it
2nd one - ollie north + nollie kickflip

I tried to implement it as grab without idle animation, but it wasn't sucessful :lol: it worked, but crashed if you hold grab button :lol:

edit: oops wrong trick name, now fixed :lol:

Re: [THPS3] Level Out 1.7.3 for THPS3 1.3 (1/1/2012) - Lalita - 01-03-2012 18:14

Coolsnake, add my msn, <!-- e --><a href="mailto:shiny_toy_guns_@hotmail.com">shiny_toy_guns_@hotmail.com</a><!-- e --> . maybe i can show you some things and we can make something.

Re: [THPS3] Level Out 1.7.3 for THPS3 1.3 (1/1/2012) - coolsnake - 01-03-2012 21:14

Quote:Good job, really. I was surprised with spine transfer Original btw there is one in skater island, should work too.
Oh, good eye. It indeed works. The spine transfer was actually a side effect of my level out feature since it "aligns" the skater to the space right behind the qp.
In earlier versions you could just manual in the qp right behind it but I decided to make it a full blown feature Original.

I considered making a spine transfer feature that works with QP's that were further apart but decided against it since the code for it was very messy and it made for a very jerky headache inducing screen effect.

Quote:Double fingerflip is it just 2 fingerflips in a row? it's nice idea to add tricks that appeared in newer games. but in order it to work you shouldnt add new animation, or it'll crash Tongue

btw you can add ollie airwalk late shove-it and ollie north backfoot flip. it will require to combine 2 flips.
1st one - ollie airwalk + fs shove it
2nd one - ollie north + nollie kickflip

I tried to implement it as grab without idle animation, but it wasn't sucessful :lol: it worked, but crashed if you hold grab button :lol:

edit: oops wrong trick name, now fixed :lol:
It's actually a bit more subtle than that. I found a way to toy around with the animations in a way that is similar to the Create-a-trick editor in the later games. So the double fingerflip I made is the start of a normal fingerflip mixed with the "flipping part" of a second fingerflip.

Fun fact, I actually used the CAT editor in THUG2 to visualise how the animations should be combined and coded in THPS3.

Even better is that I don't need to use new animations at all. So it won't crash other people's games. Well not anymore than default THPS3 1.3 anyway. I just went online and checked and my double fingerflip didn't crash anyone.

I also already made the two tricks you mentioned, and more...
Wink

Lalita Wrote:Coolsnake, add my msn, <!-- e --><a href="mailto:shiny_toy_guns_@hotmail.com">shiny_toy_guns_@hotmail.com</a><!-- e --> . maybe i can show you some things and we can make something.
I will when I have time. I'm a bit busy though for atleast the coming month.

Re: [THPS3] Level Out 1.7.3 for THPS3 1.3 (1/1/2012) - Demo - 01-03-2012 22:57

coolsnake Wrote:I found a way to toy around with the animations in a way that is similar to the Create-a-trick editor in the later games.
damn, i knew this is possible exactly this way! :lol: just couldn't find a way to implement it :lol: nice that there are someone who work on it, hope you won't give up and we will see update soon. Tongue

Edit: here are some more (if you didn't make 'em already :lolOriginal
double front foot impossible
fingerflip cannonball
one foot tailgrab (ollie north + kickflip 1 foot tailgrab idle anim)