Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
Rules and Poll: RIO CTF TOUR with XTC or not?? - Printable Version

+- Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 (http://www.chapter-3.net/thps3/v2)
+-- Forum: Competitions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=184)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=186)
+---- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=246)
+----- Forum: CTF tours (/forumdisplay.php?fid=188)
+------ Forum: Rio CTF Tour (/forumdisplay.php?fid=253)
+------ Thread: Rules and Poll: RIO CTF TOUR with XTC or not?? (/showthread.php?tid=2673)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: Rules and Poll: RIO CTF TOUR with XTC or not?? - wild786 - 04-19-2010 18:34

Esk8 Wrote:
Vadru Wrote:oh right... since when was holding combo no skills? it's both skills befor and after time.
also those who think combo isn't skill or part of th3 thats just lol only game where u can't combo is koth all other games have combo 99% of th is about holding combo so why remove it? if u can't combo then learn it or be better befor time or slap ppl in other team don't u call that skills?

Vad, I have a LOT of respect for you, so please dont take it the wrong way, but you're wrong.
Tell me, why even play 5 minutes ctf if theres xtc? 11secs would be the same thing since all of it revolves to a game of slap after time. if we wanted a slap tourney we'd play a slap tourney. I'm fine with xtcing in random daily ctf games, but in a tourney it doesnt have its place. Ctf is TEAMWORK. Xtcing is slap and has nothing with teamwork.
And I can xtc almost as much as wild can so Im not whining because I cant.

ok lets make it clear here, thers only 1 reason xtc should be allowed in this tour. cos its not like ur gonna win vs our team in time anyways so.. JUST IN CASE we hit a POLE (hate poles) or something and die U HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN!

so xtc is only ther so u have a chance to win vs our team oke

so heres the deciding factor:

u wanna have a chance to win? do xtc
u dont wanna have any chance? remove xtc

i personally dont care

Re: Rules and Poll: RIO CTF TOUR with XTC or not?? - uL0v3mE - 04-19-2010 18:45

i´m exhilarated :lol: we will pwn u intime, URE only chance is xtc LaughLaughLaugh

Re: Rules and Poll: RIO CTF TOUR with XTC or not?? - Lyst - 04-19-2010 18:55

wild786 Wrote:u dont wanna have any chance to win? do xtc
u dont wanna have any chance to win? remove xtc

conclusion: i personally dont care
:Laugh

Re: Rules and Poll: RIO CTF TOUR with XTC or not?? - Vadru - 04-19-2010 19:53

lol esk8 don't take this opinion personaly why would that opinion efect ur respect of me all I wanted to say was that I think like the game creators thought 1 point for capturing flag befor or after time and u say something about slap game XTC is not at all like slap this is how I see the games:
ta for those who like comboing
slap for those who like comboing
koth for those who like befortime
cz for those who like befortime
keep away for those who like both
ctf for those who like both
just opinion don't take this shit personaly Tongue
I just don't get why u would want to complicate it with some new rules and shit eighter XTC same point as befor time or no XTC at all for me it doesent matter I'll play and have fun anyway Original

Re: Rules and Poll: RIO CTF TOUR with XTC or not?? - foolish - 04-19-2010 20:47

Imo the CTF game in time is what makes it 100% fun for me and I'm totally bored and not interested in doing sth after time. But it's probably like 90% sure, that XTC will decide the game in the end. Most of the guys can do 10 xtc (atleast 7 for anyone who got new pro pw). So even if you would finish a game with sth like 9-0 6-0 or whatever in time (what's quite unlikely if it's a good and intersting match), it's still very likely that XTC will decide the game in the end. And this connection between having fun and showing skill in time and it's almost worthlessness (wtf does this word exist?) to the final score is what annoys me playing CTF with XTC. Shin's system puts the balance to in time game a bit more, although the XTC winner will still get 2-1 (66% of the points).

Actually I'm a bit sad about the fact that the only game which handles the skill/final score connection right in TH3 is KOTH. Honestly any game should just stop at 0:00 or should atleast have the option to be enabled/disabled, like in other TH games.

Don't get me wrong guys, this is just my personal opinion about it.

//EDIT: Actually there must be a reason why the majority of players stop cz after one team owned all zones. It's like an unwritten rule used, why people do this with cz but not ctf?

Re: Rules and Poll: RIO CTF TOUR with XTC or not?? - Esk8 - 04-19-2010 21:01

Vadru Wrote:lol esk8 don't take this opinion personaly why would that opinion efect ur respect of me all I wanted to say was that I think like the game creators thought 1 point for capturing flag befor or after time and u say something about slap game XTC is not at all like slap this is how I see the games:
ta for those who like comboing
slap for those who like comboing
koth for those who like befortime
cz for those who like befortime
keep away for those who like both
ctf for those who like both
just opinion don't take this shit personaly Tongue
I just don't get why u would want to complicate it with some new rules and shit eighter XTC same point as befor time or no XTC at all for me it doesent matter I'll play and have fun anyway Original

Haha nah man, I dont take yours personally, I just didnt want YOU to take mine personally Tongue

Guys, why dont we just do 5cap games? simple, effective.

@ wild, if my internet actually works that day you have no chance Tongue

Re: Rules and Poll: RIO CTF TOUR with XTC or not?? - foolish - 04-19-2010 21:33

Esk8 Wrote:Guys, why dont we just do 5cap games? simple, effective.

Great idea. But it's not that 5cap games would end after 5caps. You can XTC there too. So the one managing this tour would still have to decide whether he allows XTC or not. It's more like the unwritten cz rule I talked of before, that people usually stop after 5caps, if they play 5cap games.

Re: Rules and Poll: RIO CTF TOUR with XTC or not?? - manu - 04-19-2010 21:53

the person who manage this tour?
For wtf do u tkink this poll is for?Tongue

Re: Rules and Poll: RIO CTF TOUR with XTC or not?? - Lyst - 04-19-2010 22:42

Well in cz there is some additional readon why we dont play xtz. Because if you win in cz you end with the key, so you have less chance to win in xtz. In ctf you dont need to grab the flag.

Re: Rules and Poll: RIO CTF TOUR with XTC or not?? - foolish - 04-19-2010 22:47

manu Wrote:the person who manage this tour?
For wtf do u tkink this poll is for?Tongue

i totally dont care just decide anything and check if players still want to play this tour then. if u do it or if poll decide, i rly dont care. but tell what its gonna be like soon before everyone loses the mood to play.